Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Government Law College, Mumbai is pleased to announce a Call for Papers for International Law Journal Volume II.
The International Law Journal (ILJ) is published by the Students for Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai which is a student body that cynosures International Law.
Theme: Submissions are invited on any topic of contemporary relevance in the area of International Law.
Categories and Word Limit
Submissions may be in the form of the following categories –
- Articles: Papers that comprehensively analyze a theme and engage with all the existing literature in it. An article should be in between 6000 and 10000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Essays: Papers that concisely analyze specific contemporary issues in the field of international law. It should be between 4000 and 6000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Case Notes and/or Legislative Commentaries: Notes and commentaries must discuss or critique a recent judgement, landmark case or any recent legislation or bill before Parliament or State legislature. It should be between 1500 and 3000 words exclusive of footnotes.
- Abstract Word Limit: 200 words
- Co-authorship: Allowed up to 2 authors
- Method of Citation: The ILJ follows ‘Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition’ style of referencing.
- The body of the manuscript should be in Times New Roman size 12 with 1.5 line spacing and Justified Alignment. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman size 10 with single line spacing.
Original submissions are invited from undergraduate and post graduate students, industry practitioners, academicians and research scholars.
Submissions: In electronic form to ilj.spilmumbai[at]gmail.com
Subject Heading: ‘ILJ Vol. II Submission: <submission category>
All manuscripts must be accompanied by a covering letter with the name(s) of the author(s), institution/affiliation, the title of the manuscript and relevant contact information.
The last date for submission of ‘SPIL ILJ Volume II’ of the International Law Journal is 31st January, 2022. Submissions sent after the deadline will not be considered for publication.
Any correspondence, queries or additional requests for information should be sent to: ilj.spilmumbai[at]gmail.com.
Find the details of submission guidelines at our website spilmumbai.com