About the Organization –
NMIMS School of Law offers an outstanding legal education to inculcate a wide range of legal skills useful for the legal profession including the corporate level. Established in 2018 by NMIMS University, one of the premiers Deemed to be Universities in India, the programs offering in our law school has all qualities and niceties of the programs offering by the world-class Universities over the world.
School of Law aspires to be a global centre of scholarly excellence in the field of law and justice and will prepare outstanding and innovative law professionals with a socially responsible outlook through holistic legal education. A Law School with a global focus and international outreach dedicated to advance human dignity, social and economic welfare, and justice through knowledge of the law.
About the event-
SAHITYA: The Literary Society of the SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies School of Law, Bengaluru Campus is organizing its second National Legal Article Writing Competition through online submissions. The objective of the Article writing competition is to bring out the creative writing talent of law students across the country on issues of contemporary and national importance.
- Deadline for Registration: 15th October, 11:59 PM
- Deadline for Submission: 30th October, 11:59 PM
- Date of Result Declaration: 10th November (Tentative)
1) IPR WAIVERS AND COVID-19 VACCINES.
2) NFTS AND IT RELATIONSHIP WITH IP RIGHTS
3) IPR PROTECTION IN OUTER SPACE ACTIVITIES.
4) ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE IN WORLD OF IP
The participants are also free to choose any topic apart from these sub themes. The topic should be on recent trends in IPR.
Who is it for?
The competition is open for participation to LLB students, LLM students, Research Scholars, and working legal professionals as well.
- The word limit of the Article should be a minimum of 2000 words and a maximum of 4000 words including footnotes.
- Submissions should be made in MS WORD format.
- The article should be in Times New Roman, 12 points with 1.5 line spacing.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, 10 points with single line spacing.
- Any submission not accompanied by the above-mentioned details shall be rejected.
- Plagiarism in any form is discouraged and will lead to the disqualification.
- The work should be the original unpublished work of the Author.
- Co-Authorship is permitted up to two authors per submission.
All submissions should be accompanied by a separate cover page with the following details:
- Title of the Article
- Name of the Author(s)
- Working Professional/Student
- Designation/Year of Study
- Institutional Affiliation
- Current Address
- Email address(es) of the author(s)
- Contact number(s) of the author(s)
All submissions should be sent via email to litsoc.sol[at]nmims.edu.in with the subject line as “1st ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION SUBMISSION”.
- 1st prize: Prize money worth Rs. 4000, Internship at Khurana and Khurana (On the basis of CV), Course Coupon from Enhelion and winning certificate.
- 2nd prize: Prize money worth Rs. 2000, Internship at Khurana and Khurana (On the basis of CV), Course Coupon from Enhelion and winning certificate
- 3rd prize Internship at Khurana and Khurana (On the basis of CV), Course Coupon from Enhelion and winning certificate.
The participants can register from this link :-
- Single Author: Rs 200/- per submission
- Co-Authorship: Rs 300/- per submission
- Deadline for registration: 30th October 2021
Details of Payment
The Registration Fee is to be transferred in favour of SVKM’S NMIMS via NEFT in the account details provided below:
- Account No.: 191010100023603
- Type of account: Savings
- Account Holder: Pritam Kumar Ghosh
- IFSC Code: UTIB0000191
- Google Pay No.: +91 6363759532
NOTE: Please attach a screenshot of the payment details to the google doc form while doing registration.
All queries about the competition should be directed to
- Pritam Ghosh: Assistant Professor, NMIMS School of Law, Bangalore (Email: pritam.ghosh[at]nmims.edu)
- Student Conveners: Prashuk Jain (convenor) (Contact number: 7706954057, Email: PRASHUK.JAIN98[at]nmims.edu.in)
Brochure: Click Here