About Joseph’s College of Law
St. Joseph’s College of Law is approved by the Bar Council of India (BCI), New Delhi and affiliated to Karnataka State Law University, Hubbali. St. Joseph’s College of Law has forayed into the area of imparting legal education in the academic year 2017-2018.It is the first ever Jesuit Law College in South Asia.
About the Competition
‘Portraits of Conflict’ is an event for law and non-law students from across the country to portray the Recent Constitutional Struggles through art. The main aim of the event is to provide an opportunity to identify and express through art, the conflicts that affect the society at large and are either in line or against the Constitution and its values. The event is being organised as a part of constitution week conducted by St. Joseph’s College of Law, Bengaluru.
‘Portraits of Conflict’ is a painting competition. The submission must consist of two parts:
- A Scanned copy of the final Painting
- A short Description on the Painting
Both the painting and description should be in one PDF file.
The participants are expected to present the contemporary conflicts and struggles that challenge the Constitutional ideals and values. A short description of the Painting must also be attached to the Final Submission.
- Any student pursuing any graduate or post-graduate degree in a recognised college/university may participate.
- The participant may register individually.
- A maximum of 3 registrations allowed from each institution.
Mode of Event
All submissions will be made online.
Submission Link : https://forms.gle/EtyiKkc1SRyahcaKA
There will be no participation fee for the competition
- The submission must consist of a single PDF file containing the Painting and the Description of the same.
- Sheets of any size can be used by the participant.
- The participants may use acrylic paints, water colors or pastel colors for the painting.
- The work submitted must be new and creative, plagiarism of any kind will lead to disqualification.
- The submission must not be a prior piece of artwork.
- The submission must be made through the link provided.
- The file should be renamed in the following format: “Name of the Participant_Name of the Institution”, for eg: “ThomasAndrews_SJCL”.
- The participants must refrain from mentioning their names or institutional affiliations in their submission, except in the file name.
- The last date of submission is 26th November 2022. The results will be declared on 7th December 2022.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and binding on all participants.
- The Institute’s decision regarding the interpretation of rules or any other matter relating to the competition will be final.
- If there is any situation not contemplated in the rules, the decision of the Institute shall be final.
Awards:The winners will be awarded with cash prizes as follows:
- 1st Place – INR 4,000
- 2nd Place – INR 3,000
- 3rd Place – INR 2,000
The winners will receive e-certificates along with the cash prize. All participants upon submission, will receive e-certificates for participation.