ABOUT THE EVENT
The National Essay Writing Competition is IDIA UP Chapter’s flagship annual initiative. Through the event, we aim to promote the art of legal research and writing, while also contributing to a social cause. After the huge success of the first two editions, we are back with our III Edition. In collaboration with The Contemporary Law Forum, this edition is going to be bigger and better than ever!
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education, commonly abbreviated as IDIA, is a non-profit organization working in India, which was founded by late Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer. It aims to empower underprivileged children by giving them access to quality legal education. It is a student-run movement to train underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates. To read more about IDIA , click here or to visit our LinkedIn profile, click here.
The Contemporary Law Forum is a student-run, professionally supported blog established with the primary objective of promoting and publishing quality legal research on contemporary issues of law. TCLF further aims to act as a medium of discussion between multiple stakeholders of the legal industry through legal research and writing. With a guaranteed outreach across the diverse spectrum of the industry, the forum is an ideal place for the writing community to publish their thoughts on legal issues of contemporary relevance.
THEME AND SUB-THEMES
Theme: “Intersection of Environment and the Law: Analyzing the Evolving Legal Regime”
- Legal Issues surrounding Bio Medical Waste Management during Covid-19
- Advancing Environmental Justice for Marginalized Communities
- Corporate Capitalism: Exploring the Contours of ESG
- Environmental Impact Assessments and Public participation for Climate Sensitive Projects
- Climate Change, Human Rights and the Arbitrariness Surrounding Emission Restrictions
NOTE: The above-mentioned sub-themes are not exhaustive in nature and any submission which relates to the broad theme would be considered for the Competition
– The top 3 entries selected from the Competition will be published on the TCLF Blog.
– Internship opportunity at PSL Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi and the Chambers of Mr. Talha Abdul Rahman, (Advocate on Record at the Supreme Court of India), for the top two entries.
– Certificate of Merit by the IDIA U.P. Chapter for the top 10 entries.
– All other participants will receive a Participation Certification by the IDIA U.P. Chapter.
The competition is open to law students across the country.
SUBMISSION AND REGISTRATION
– Co-authorship of up to two authors is allowed.
– Authors should restrict their submissions between 1800-2000 words (exclusive of endnotes). However, if an article is of high contemporary relevance with a very novel analysis, it can be considered for the competition as per the discretion of the Editorial Board, even though it exceeds the word limit.
– The essay must be submitted in a .doc/.docx format to email@example.com. The last date for submission is 2nd Jan, 2022. The results of the Competition would be announced on 20th January, 2022.
Participants are required to register for the Competition using the following links-
For IDIA scholars: bit.ly/ScholarReg
For All other Participants: bit.ly/IDIAReg
The minimum contribution for the registration will be Rs. 80 for single author and Rs. 100 in case of co-authorship.
NOTE: IDIA Scholars are not required to contribute a registration amount to participate in the competition
UPI ID- 9415665298@paytm
Account Holder’s Name- Uday Pratap Maurya
In case of a query, feel free to reach out to the contact numbers mentioned below:
- Vidushi: +91 70051 54507
- Srishti: +91 94536 50809
Or send a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
The document containing sub-themes for the competition alongside the detailed submission guidelines can be accessed at: bit.ly/BrochureTCLF