If you are a corporate law enthusiast, you would know how important/relevant is the knowledge of Company law. The major chunk of functioning of law firms dealing with the corporate side of law rests on company law and thus it becomes imperative for any law student, lawyers or anyone seeking to work in corporate law to gain theoretical & practical knowledge on company law.
In order to become a corporate lawyer, you must first have a strong understanding of company law practice. This area of law governs the interactions and relationships between businesses, shareholders, and other stakeholders. Corporate lawyers use this knowledge to advise their clients on the best course of action to take in various situations.
Recognising this need, Bettering Results (BR) is introducing a comprehensive and well-structured Certificate Course on the Companies Act, 2013 & SEBI- Laws & Practice designed after taking inputs from tier-1 law firm lawyers.
This 12 weeks course will include basic understanding of concepts along with associated laws and practical insights into the law by professionals already working in top law firms like Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, JSA, Trilegal, IndusLaw, Khaitan & Co. and many more.
You will also get to learn and draft important agreements/documents like Memorandum of Association, Shareholders Agreement, Share Purchase Agreement, Share Subscription Agreement etc.
Avail exclusive benefits like LIVE sessions, Free Course on Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016, Certificate on completion, career guidance sessions etc.
The course starts on February 4, 2023!
If you are really interested in making a career in corporate law, then you must join this course right now!
Companies that we have had participants from include Hindalco Industries limited, GMR Group, Powergrid Corporation of India Limited, Aditya Birla Finance Ltd, Adani Road Transport Limited, L&T Financial Services, Cybercity builders and developers Pvt Ltd, Om Infra Ltd, Gayatri Projects Limited, Cashfree Payments, L&T Defence, and JB Pharmaceuticals etc. and law firms like Khaitan & Co., DSK Legal, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas etc.
Join now to stay ahead in your career!
TOP INSTRUCTORS FOR THE COURSE:
1. Anthony Clarence, Partner, Trilegal
2. Shantanu Jindel, Partner, JSA
3. Shourya Sengupta, Partner, Khaitan & Co
4. Manshoor Nazki, Partner, IndusLaw
5. Akshay Pathak, Principal Associate, Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas
6. Kanika Kadam, Ex-Principal Associate, Khaitan & Co
7. Ritu Sajnani, Ex Cyril Amarchand Mangaldas, NSE and Reliance Industries Limited
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN?
Basic Understanding of Company Law
Memorandum of Association, Articles of Association & drafting in detail
Prospectus- Types of Prospectus & Drafting of Prospectus
Modes of issue of securities under Companies Act, 2013- Offer for sale, allotment, issue, public offer, private placement
Share Certificate & Share Warrant
Directors and Key managerial personnel
- Kinds of directors, appointment of directors, & liability of directors under the Companies Act, 2013
- Key managerial personnel under the Companies Act, 2013 and their roles
- Equity & Debt
- Bonds, ESOPs, Sweat Equity Shares, Preference shares, bonus shares
- Rights issue, private placement, and preferential allotment
Dividend, Buyback of shares etc.
- Declaration and Payment of Dividend under the Companies Act, 2013 and relevant rules
- Buyback of shares and the process
Module 7 & 8:
Company Administration and Corporate Governance
- Evolution of corporate governance in India
- Nomination and Remuneration Committee
- Audit Committee
- Stakeholder Relationship Committee
- Board Meetings
- Shareholders Meetings
- Related Party Transactions
Accounting, Inquiry & Investigation under the Companies Act, 2013
- Accounts & Financial statements
- Audit & Auditors
- Inquiry & Investigation
Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
- Introduction to CSR
- Drafting of CSR Policy
- CSR Rules
- List of activities that may be undertaken under CSR
Undertaking due diligence as a corporate lawyer
Module 12 & 13:
Drafting of following important agreements for a corporate lawyer
- Shareholders’ Agreement
- Share Purchase Agreement
- Share Subscription Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Debenture Trust Deed
- Loan agreement
Role of various Regulatory Bodies/Adjudicating Authorities under the Companies Act, 2013
- Registrar of Companies
- National Company Law Tribunal
- Appellate Tribunal
- Special Courts
Learn how to use the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website & its importance in a company law practice.
Module 16 & 17:
SEBI Laws applicable to listed entities & Takeover Code Practice
FEMA Act, 1999, FDI Policy & important filings (relevant provisions)
Module 19 & 20:
- Concept of Compromise, reconstruction & amalgamation under the Companies Act, 2013
- Procedure of Compromise, reconstruction & amalgamation under the Companies Act, 2013
- How to draft schemes of arrangement
Winding up of Companies- Mandatory vs Voluntary
- Removal of name from the register (including reply to strike-off notice)
- Prevention of Oppression and Mismanagement
- Conversion of Company
Module 23 & 24:
Career as a Corporate Lawyer & Career Guidance Sessions
- Job opportunities in the market
- What soft skills are required to become a leading corporate lawyer?
- How to get clients as a corporate lawyer?
- How to build a personal brand?
- CV & Cover Letter for corporate law internship/job
- Must know laws for a corporate lawyer
- Work done by a corporate lawyer
EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS OF THE COURSE:
- WEEKEND ONLY SESSIONS
- Live & Interactive sessions with the instructors
- Q&A round with the instructors
- Recording accessible for 1 year
- Reading Material
- Free Access to Self-Paced Course on the Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code, 2016 worth INR 4999/-
- Certificate on completion
- Real world assignments and feedbacks by experts
4-5 Hours every weekend
REGISTRATION LINK: https://betteringresults.in/
WEBSITE LINK: https://betteringresults.in
Interested people may also reach us at the contact details set out below:
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact number: +917252919181
Applications are open for law students, practicing advocates, in-house counsels, CA, CS, anybody interested in learning about Companies Act, 2013 & SEBI Laws Practice.
Deadline for Registration: January 15, 2023