ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Legis Scriptor is a transpiring team of ardent & fervent people across all the strata of the legal field, promoting academic excellence & ameliorating realms of knowledge to contribute in building skillful society. We endeavor to provide quality contemporary legal content concerning from tangled minute issues to issues of international concerns. We provide a platform to students across the length & breadth of the country to enhance their research & writing skills, which is the uttermost requirement of the today’s fast-evolving & zestful legal field.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
Mooting is one of the most important skills for any legal professional to have. Mock Trials or Moot Courts are typically focused on hypothetical cases concerning new or unresolved areas of law. Participants in these programs have the opportunity to hone their research, legal writing, and oral advocacy abilities in a simulated courtroom setting. Furthermore, moot court presentations instill professional legal etiquettes in students, preparing them to adjust to courtroom customs.
In order to improve the research and advocacy skills of the next generation of lawyers, the 1st Legis Scriptor National Moot Court Competition has been launched to students taking law courses during these times. This moot will help students improve their research and mooting skills, and our goal is to continue the chain of law learning process even during the epidemic.
MODE OF THE COMPETITION: Online
THEME: Related to Criminal Law
- The students currently enrolled in either five years or three years LL.B. courses or LL.M. programs from any recognized University/ Law College/ College/ Institution are eligible for participation in the competition.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Each team shall consist of two individuals (two mooters) or maximum three individuals (one researcher & two mooters) to qualify the eligibility criteria.
- If there are two individuals in a team then one of them can be a researcher for the purpose of researcher’s test to be conducted on 30th August, 2021.
- Multiple teams and cross institutional teams are allowed from different University/ Law School/ College/ Departments.
LAST DATE OF REGISTRATION: 08:00 p.m. IST, 21st August, 2021
LAST DATE FOR MEMORIAL SUBMISSION: 08:00 p.m. IST, 29th August, 2021
RESEARCHER’S TEST: 05:00 p.m. IST, 30th August, 2021
LAST DATE TO SEND AUDIO/VIDEO FOR PRELIMINARY ROUND: 08:00 p.m. IST, 1st September, 2021
SEMI-FINAL ROUND: 5th September, 2021
FINAL ROUND: 5th September, 2021
DATE FOR ANNOUNCING RESULT: 08:00 p.m. IST 5th September, 2021
- There shall be a nominal registration fee of Rs. 1599/-.
- Registration Link is given below-
- The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable in any circumstance.
- The last date for registration is 08:00 p.m. IST, 21st August, 2021.
- Only 30 teams will be allowed to register in the competition on first-come- first serve basis.
- Team Code shall be assigned to every team and they will receive the team code by 23rd August, 2021.
Note: No approval from the respective institute of the participants is required for participation.
UPI Id & Paytm
Paytm UPI ID: 8851267359@paytm
Phone Pe UPI ID: 8851267359@ybl
Google Pay- 8851267359
Or you can do bank transfer,
Account Holder’s Name: Pathoj Tripathi
Account Number: 5010092115121
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
IFSC Code: HDFC0002092
After the payment all participants are required to upload screenshots of the same on the Google form given for registration.
There shall be three rounds of this competition and are as follows:
1) Researcher’s Test: Researcher’s test of all the researchers will be conducted via google form at 5:00 pm on 30th August 2021. In case there are only two members in a team, then one of them is supposed to give the researcher’s test on the above-mentioned date at the specified time.
2) Preliminary Round: Preliminary round will be held through Audio/Video submission. Participants are required to make Audio/Video on the given moot problem and have to submit their Audio/Video through google form till 1st September, 2021 @ 8:00P.M. Top 4 teams shall be marked & selected on the basis of the content of their Audio/video and carried forward to the next round i.e., Semi Finals.
3) Semi Final- Semi Final will be done on Zoom meeting/WebEx/google meet. Top 4 teams which qualifies the preliminary round shall compete against each other and out of which 2 teams shall be carried forward to the final round.
4) Final Round- Final Round will be done on Zoom meeting/WebEx/google meet. Top 2 teams from Semi-Final Round shall compete against each other and the winner and the runners up shall be declared from them.
AWARDS: Worth Rs. 25, 000/-
BEST TEAM (1st Position) – Prize money of Rs. 2500/- + Certificate of Excellence
+ Rs. 1500/- Voucher of Certificate Course of Memo Pundits + Free Publication in our Journal.
Runner up Team (2nd Position) – Prize money of Rs. 2000/- + Certificate of Excellence + Rs. 1000/- Voucher (Certificate Course of Memo Pundits). Free Publication in our Journal.
3rd Position – 10th Position- Certificate of Merit + 50% Discount on Publication in our journal + Rs. 200/- Voucher (Certificate Course of Memo Pundits).
All the participants who will register for this event, will receive “CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION”
Note: All the participants will also get 25% off on publication in our journal.
For More Information, Click on the link given below-
For Brochure, Click on the link given below
Contact us for any query:
WhatsApp number: 8851264387 (WHATSAPP ONLY)
Note: If in case of any query, participant can drop a message on WhatsApp on the number given above and they will receive a call from concerned authority in 24 hours to resolve their query.