Government Law College, Thrissur Moot Court Society is organizing the XII ALL INDIA MOOT COURT COMPETITION 2023 from 29th September 2023 to 1st October 2023.
About Government Law College, Thrissur, GLCT
The Government Law College, Thrissur, started in the year 1992 as the youngest Government Law College and has been playing a pivotal role in imparting legal education, carrying out legal research and extending help to the needful members of the society. The college is affiliated to the University of Calicut. The institution offers integrated BB LLB (Hons.), Three years Unitary LLB, and LLM. The academic establishment maintains a dynamic Moot Court Society, which serves as a focal point for these endeavors. Annually, the institution proudly organizes the All India National Moot Court Competition for the prestigious Justice Ramachandran Memorial Ever-rolling Trophy. This event stands as a testament to the institution’s commitment to nurturing advocacy skills and practical legal training.
About the Competition
The 12th All India Moot Court Competition for Justice T Ramachandran Ever- Rolling Trophy, meticulously orchestrated by Government Law College, Thrissur, is set to take place from September 29th to October 1st, 2023. This distinguished competition stands as an eminent forum, designed to offer burgeoning legal intellects hailing from various corners of the nation a coveted opportunity to engage in an intensive exercise of advocacy marked by its exacting standards, delve into multifaceted realms of critical analysis, and participate in exhaustive and scholarly legal discourse.
- The competition will be open to all the Law colleges, Law schools and Law Departments recognized by the Bar Council of India. The participation is limited to under graduate students in law both in the 3 year and 5 year schemes undergoing regular courses.
- Only one team can register from a particular Law College/ Law School/Law Department for participation in the competition. In the event of multiple registrations from the same College/Law School/Law department, the Team which submits a letter from the Head / Dean of the Institution / Moot Court Committee, authorizing them to participate on behalf of the College/Law School/Law department shall be eligible to register.
- No additional member or Team mentor or faculty member shall be allowed to accompany the Team.
- An Institution shall be entitled to send only one (1) Team to the Competition.
- Travel expenses shall be borne by the team.
- The provisional registration for the 12th All India National Moot Court Competition for Justice T. Ramachandran Memorial Ever Rolling Trophy can be done through this link https://glctmoot.wordpress.com/
- During the provisional registration the participants are expected to pay the full fee.
- After the provisional registration, there will be a memorial evaluation after which 18 teams will be selected for the competition.
- Those teams which do not make it to the competition will be notified and the refund of the full amount will be issued. The participants are to note that, if there are any withdrawals from the competition at any stage, rather than getting eliminated after the memorial evaluation, they will not be issued any kind of refund.
- The last date for the provisional registration along with the fee payment is 4th September 2023.
- The registration fee of the competition is ₹5000/-.
- Interested institutions shall intimate participation through email firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 31st August 2023.
- The participating teams will have to register by paying a fee of ₹5000/- by way of bank transfer/NEFT. The transfer of registration amount should be complete at the time of registration so that details of the same are to be mentioned in the registration form.
Payment details will be provided post Provisional Registration.
Awards and prizes
Every participant and researcher will be awarded certificate of participation. Honors in this competition include:
- Best team
- Second best team
- Best female student advocate
- Best male student advocate
- Best student advocate
- Best memorial
- Second best memorial
- Best researcher
- Second best researcher
This would be an offline Moot competition which will be held at the premises of Government Law College, Thrissur, Kerala.
|Intimation of Participation
|31st August 2023
|Last date for registration
|4th September 2023
|Submission of soft copy of memorials
|21st September 2023 (Email)
|Intimation of selected teams
|22nd September 2023
|Submission of travel plan
|24th September 2023 (Email)
|Submission of hard copy of memorials
|26th September 2023
|Submission of hard copy of memorials
|29th September 2023
- Dr. V.R. Jayadevan (Principal) – 9446803395
- Dr. Sonia K Das (Co-Ordinator) – 9447227178
- Dr. Syam Kumar R.S. (Convenor) – 8089283892
- Smt. Dhanya K.A. (Convenor) – 9000011903
- Ebby Joby (Moot Club Secretary) – 7907820079
- Varnana Valsan (Student Co-Ordinator) – 8078266038
- Sivadath Madhu Menon (Student Co-Ordinator)- 7306001668
General Convenor, All India Moot Court Competition,
Govt Law College, Ayyanthole
Thrissur, KERALA – 680003