ABOUT THE ORGANIZERS
The Uttarakhand Yuva Sansad: National Youth Parliament is a platform for youngsters from across the nation to present their views and ideas to help make India a better nation. Things in the country have come to crossroads where everyone is looking to the youth of the nation as the next generation of decision makers and parliamentary heads. With the voting age as 18, we, at The UYS National Youth Parliament strive to provide a medium through which youngsters can know of their rights and learn about the functioning of the parliament and the many proceedings that are to be followed in the houses. The need of the hour is the maximum involvement of the youth in decision making and changing of age-old policies that have become redundant over the years.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The UYS: National Youth Parliament is an effort to simulate the parliamentary proceedings by providing a forum for youngsters to participate in a healthy discussion and in the process raise stimulating questions on policy making through exchange of ideas and respectable debating. The UYS will be conducted as two sessions over the period of two days which will be headed by a designated Speaker and will be supported by the officers of the House who will be aiding in the legislative proceedings of the house.
The committees with their agendas are as follows:
Agenda Discussion on the reservation system in India in light of recent outrage against reservation in promotions in the light of 21st Century.
Agenda Examining growing pseudo secularism and communal hatred in India with special emphasis on religion in politics.
United Nations General Assembly
Agenda: Deliberation on Extra-Judicial Killings and Disappearances hampering the Right to Life and Liberty.
United Nations Security Council
Agenda: Addressing cybersecurity threats, promoting norms, and preventing conflicts to safeguard international peace and security.
A bonafide, full-time student, who is enrolled in a degree programme in any College/University/schools/ across the nation are eligible to participate in the event.
20th & 21st January 2024
GENERAL RULES AND GUIDELINES
- The participation shall be on individual basis.
- There is no limitation on the number of participations from one institute (i.e. multiple number of students can participate from one institute/schools/colleges).
- Participants shall report on the allotted time.
- Participants are advised to be in formal attire. However, it would be appreciated to wear attire reserved for their constituency.
- Participants are allowed to use bilingual mode of communication in their speech. (Hindi and English).
- Portfolios would be allotted according to the previous experiences of each participant.
- The Organising committee reserves the right to adopt suitable procedures and changes, if any are required and the decision of the EB would be final and conclusive. No grievance with respect to their decision will be entertained.
- Participants creating any kind of indiscipline will be disqualified at the discretion of the judges.
- Participants thereby should adhere to the rules and regulations of the event.
- Registration fee for before 22nd December is Rs. 999. (EARLY BIRD)
- Registration fee After 22nd December is Rs. 1199.
- Link for Registration Form: https://forms.gle/gXqJZ8mb1McJfmB98
- Duly registered participants will receive a link to join the group where all the updates and information will be provided
- Accommodation- Rs 2000
- For any queries you may write to us at E-mail: email@example.com
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to take any action against unethical, wrongful or unprofessional conduct.
- If there is any situation, not covered by the Rules, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding.
- The Organizing Committee reserves the right to amend the rules. However, due notice shall be provided to all participants. The participants are always required to comply with the rules formulated by the Organizing Committee during the competition.
AWARDS, PRIZES & PERKS
- CASH POOL PRIZES VALUED UP TO 1.5 LAKHS.
- WINNERS WILL ALSO GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO OBSERVE THE PROCEDURES OF UTTARAKHAND LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY.
- ASSURED LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION SIGNED BY MEMBER OF PARLIAMENT AND LEGISLATIVE ASSEMBLY. (WINNERS)
- EACH DELEGATE WILL RECEIVE A CERTIFICATE OF PARTICIPATION DULY SIGNED BY MLAS, AND OTHER COLLABORATORS.
- THE NAMES OF THE WINNERS WILL BE PUBLISHED IN THE ORGANIZATION’S PRINT MEDIA, MAGAZINES, AND OTHER SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS.
- SOCIAL NIGHT/ DJ NIGHT
- BEST PARLIAMENTARIAN AWARD FROM LOK SABHA
- BEST REPRESENTATIVE AWARD FROM AIPPM
- BEST DELEGATE FROM UNSC/UNGA
- HIGH COMMENDATION AWARD FROM EVERY COMMITTEE
- SPECIAL MENTION OF ALL COMMITTEES
- HONOURABLE MENTIONS OF ALL COMMITTEES
- VERBAL MENTIONS OF ALL COMMITTEES
- BEST JOURNALIST
- BEST PHOTOGRAPHER
- BEST CARRICATURIST
- CERTIFICATE OF MERITS
- CERTIFICATES OF PARTICIPATION SHALL BE PRESENTED TO THE PARTICIPANT PRESENT.
BANK NAME :- HDFC BANK
ACCOUNT HOLDER NAME:- GAURAV KUMAR
ACCOUNT N0. 50100436849564 (SAVING A/C)
IFSC CODE :- HDFC0000075
*UPI ID-* kumargauravkumar0422@ybl
For any queries, Contact:-
- Tathagat Singh- 9955707055
- Sudeep Chandra- 8789542563