- About NUSRL, Ranchi
National University of Study and Research in Law (NUSRL), Ranchi has been established to further the cause of legal education in its manifold spheres of knowledge, development and dissemination; coupled with the capacity building of state and non state institutions; specializing in relevant legal technological interrelationship and above all strengthening the legal system at all levels.
Student-centered legal education with global perspectives; preparing students as future legal professionals in law practice, academic and public policy are going to be the mainstay of this University. It is well known that for the purpose of social, economic and political betterment of a nation, the legal system plays a cardinal role and as such better legal education would be the core principle of the University.
- About the CSRIPR
The Center of Study and Research in Intellectual Property Rights (CSRIPR) is founded in response to an escalating need felt by scientists, lawyers, technologists and companies. The objective was and still is, to gain a thoughtful knowledge in patent, trade marks, design and copyright law.
More in meticulous the CSRIPR wishes to gain a better insight and glimpse into new and evolving areas of intellectual property law (such as the protection of software, semi-conductor products and biotechnological inventions, standardisation and technology transfers) and the general problems of patents, trademarks, designs and copyright.
To concertize these objects the CSRIPR will organize a manifold of activities on an interdisciplinary level. These activities include fundamental research, the gathering of documentation, organizing conferences and scientific service to the community.
- Eligibility/ Who should pursue
- Students of law, science, engineering and related disciplines
- Lawyers, scientists, engineers, & professionals from disciplines related to patents
- Patent Agents
- Aspirants for IP Career
- Course Content:
- Introduction to Patents
- Drafting Patent Application – Specification & Claims Writing
- Patent filing & Pre-grant & Post-grant Procedure
- Patent Prosecution – Skills & Techniques
- Patent Litigation: Pharmaceuticals
- Patent Litigation: Computer Related Inventions
- Summing up & Assessment of the Learning Outcomes.
- Learning Goal:
The course teaches fundamentals of patentability, patent prosecution, infringement, and enforcement under the Indian Patent Laws. This course will also benefit professionals who wish to get acquainted with the law or refresh their knowledge on the subject.
6. Performance Objectives:
- At the completion of course, the student will be able to:
- Understand the practical aspect of Patent Law
- Learn the Drafting of Patent Application, Specification & Claims writing
- Appreciate the various forms of Patent filing such as Pre-grant & Post-grant Procedure
- Understand the working of Patent Litigation with regards to Pharmaceuticals
- Appreciate the patent litigation for computer related Inventions
- Nuances of Patent Prosecution, Skills & Techniques
As a part of certification process, it is mandatory for the students to submit Research Work relevant to the course in minimum 5000 words within 15 days of completion of the certificate course, failure in compliance shall make the student ineligible for the certificate.
- Duration of Internship
13th – 14th November 2021 (2 Days)
7th November 2021
- Registration Fees
Rs. 700/- (Seven Hundred Rupees Only)
- Application Procedure
Interested students are required to fill the Google form, latest by 7th November 2021, link is given below: https://forms.gle/SZcvMFZcPvAZbrk76
- How to enroll for the course:
- Step 1:Payment of INR 700/- as Registration cum course Fees:
Account Name: NUSRL Ranchi
Bank Name: HDFC Bank
Branch: Kanke Road, Ranchi
Bank Account Number: 50100212797372
- Dr. M. R. S. Murthy, Faculty Chairperson, CSRIPR | (+91) 85803 22036
- Mr. Harshal Bhale, Student Convenor, CSRIPR | (+91) 62005 57528
Visit https://csriprnusrl.wordpress.com/events/ for more details.