Seminar: “INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL ARBITRATION: ISSUES AND CHALLENGES” by CADR, DSNLU.
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), DSNLU is taking the initiative to organize a seminar to discuss, deliberate on the legal regime and nuances and recent trends of International Commercial Arbitration with the theme: “International Commercial Arbitration: Issues and Challenges” 2022 virtually on 26 & 27 March, 2022.
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU), was established by the Government of Andhra Pradesh vide DSNLU Act, 2008 at Visakhapatnam. It is also recognized u/s 2 (f) of UGC Act, 1956 and the Bar Council of India.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR:
The current seminar is designed with the goal of taking stock of India’s progress in the field of law, while also providing a forum for discussion on legal topics involving International Arbitration (Commercial and Investment). It provides an opportunity for specialists from numerous disciplines, including researchers, academicians, legal experts, and students, to get together and contribute their important opinions on the major themes surrounding this topic.
The Seminar is being organized to explore and expound the understanding of the emerging trends of International Arbitration, to enhance the knowledge, understanding and scope of ADR, Raise awareness of the significance of international arbitration as a component of the justice delivery system; to effectively strengthen the implementation of International Arbitration; to equip the students and professionals with practical aspect of International Arbitration techniques to promote independent career in the field, and to investigate and expand one’s grasp of developing trends in international arbitration.
TARGET AUDIENCE FOR THE SEMINAR:
This Seminar aims to bring together leading academicians, researchers, advocates, research scholars and students to exchange and share their experiences on the nuances of International Commercial Arbitration and present and discuss the most recent innovations, trends, and concerns as well as practical challenges encountered and solutions adopted in the fields of International Commercial Arbitration.
CALL FOR CONTRIBUTIONS
Contributions are invited for original work which addresses own research, Case Studies, theoretical and conceptual work in the above-mentioned webinar themes. Networking, interaction, sharing and discussion will be core aspects of the webinar, emphasizing what you can learn from and with your peers.
- New York Convention, Uncitral Arbitration Rules and Uncitral Model Law.-Fulcrum of International Commercial Arbitration.
- A need for clarity in dispute resolution clauses.
- Interim Reliefs in International Commercial Arbitration.
- Infrastructure and Construction Arbitration.
- Issues relating to enforcement of foreign seated Arbitration awards in India.
- Damages and Compensation Issues in Investment Arbitration.
- Emergency Arbitration.
- Third Party Funding & Security for Costs in International Commercial Arbitration.
- Technology in International Commercial Arbitration and Online Hearings
- Hybrid Dispute Resolution: Is it the Future of Dispute Resolution?
- The future of International Commercial Arbitration in India – A 360-degree Perspective.
SUBMISSION AND FORMATTING GUIDELINES FOR PAPER SUBMISSION:
- Abstracts and Full-Papers for the publications should be submitted via email to – email@example.com
- The length of the abstract should be between 100-350 words and are to be submitted in word document.
- The author’s name, title and other details should be typed at the end of the Abstract and Paper.
- Authors are encouraged to submit their manuscripts by email in “ word format” and “ 12-Times New Roman” font should be used within text along with “ 10-Times New Roman” for footnotes with 1.5 spacing.
- The word limit for the full paper should be between 4000- 7000 words including abstract.
- The Bluebook 21st Edition style of citation must be strictly followed.
- Co-authorship: Up to two-authors is permitted.
- Ignorance of any prescribed guideline would lead to prima facie rejection. Selected papers may be published in a book with an ISBN number.
Registration Fee: Rs. 500/-
Account No: 283710100024089
Account Name: Registrar, DSNLU Bank Name, Branch: Union Bank Of India, Sabbavaram
IFS Code: UBIN0828378
- Deadline for Abstract Submission: 28 February 2022
- Intimation of Selection of Abstract: 07 March 2022
- Deadline for Full Paper Submission: 21 March 2022
- Last date of Registration: 21 March 2022 · Date of the Seminar: 26 & 27 March 2022
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org