The Birla School of Law is organizing “SARALA BIRLA MEMORIAL NATIONAL ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION, 2020″.
Politics Beyond Border – Citizenship & Statelessness
All undergraduate and postgraduate students from recognized Colleges/Universities are eligible for the event.
(Note: The Participants are free to select and write on any other sub-theme, which is related and Incidental to the above theme)
1. Statelessness, Citizenship & Concept of Non-refoulement: Analysis of practical questions that relate to these terms and comparative analysis with respect to Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019 and other International Instruments
2. Critical Analysis w.r.t Constitutional Validity of Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019
3. Instrumentalisation of citizenship on evidentiary Birth Right, Property, Inheritance with reference to Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019
4. A critical look at processes of inclusion/exclusion, including (re) examining diversity, religious discrimination, borders and identity by examining the Citizenship Amendment Act, 2019
1) The article should be between 3000 to 3500 words excluding the footnotes/endnotes.
2) Only soft copy submission of the article is to be made in doc. / docx format.
3) Sources should be adequately acknowledged. There is no prescribed citation standard but citations must be
4)The article must be written in Times New Roman, Font size – 12, single line spacing 1.5. All footnotes / end notes
should be in Times New Roman, Font size 10, single line spacing.
5)The Birla school of Law will have complete rights (all IPR) over the research work to utilize the same in any
manner as it deems fit.
6)The research work should not be given for any other competition or for any publication.
Single Author- 300 INR
Two Authors- 500 INR
Three Authors- 600 INR
Name of the account holder- Birla Global University
Name of the bank- UCO Bank
Account No.- 31090110011430
IFSC CODE- UCBA0003109
Last Date For Submission: 31st March, 2020
Submit your Article here : firstname.lastname@example.org
Sai Ujjwal Mohanty -9348232699 (Student Coordinator),
For payment confirmation: Mr Jagmohan Biswal -9438616747