Uttar Pradesh Judicial Reform Council, WICCI is organizing an Online Debate Competition on ‘Anti-Conversion Law’, to be held on October 30, 2021.
About the Organization
Uttar Pradesh Judicial Reforms Council is a part of Women’s Indian Chamber of Commerce and Industry (WICCI), which is a premier National Business Chamber for Women envisioning Global Impact for Women Entrepreneurs, Businesswomen and Professionals from all walks of life.
Supported by the massive global and influential women’s networks viz. G100, ALL Ladies League (ALL), Women Economic Forum (WEF) and SHEconomy, with 250,000 members and industry leaders worldwide, WICCI drives fundamental changes in governmental policies, laws, incentives and entrepreneurial ecosystems, with a view to robustly encourage and empower women in business, industry and commerce across all sectors and fields. Representing a wide variety of sectors of industry, economy and society, WICCI actively engages the voice of thousands of women entrepreneurs and professionals.
As a part of WICCI, our council aims to –
•Monitor the implementation of laws affecting women on the ground.
•Spread legal awareness informing people, especially women, about their rights, and remedies
•Form peer to peer platforms help women entrepreneurs realize the potential they harbour within themselves.
•Advocate for economic equality so as to remove the pay disparity between men and women for the same work.
•Promote the contributions of women in the corporate field in order to encourage more women to participate and raise their voices to follow their dreams.
•To help women re-enter the workforce.
•To ensure women entrepreneurs and businesswomen, in general, develop a complaints redressal mechanism at their workplace.
About the Online National Debate Competition
UP Judicial Reform Council will be holding its first-ever debate competition in an online mode. The competition aims to create a forum for students from diverse universities to come together and express their viewpoints through reasoned arguments backed by compelling evidence. Through this competition, the students will gain an opportunity to develop their oratory skills by engaging in a meaningful discourse on important legal issues.
The Debate competition will be conducted online on October 30, 2021 at 4 PM, through Google Meet.
Specific Topic- UP Anti-Conversion Law
Candidates need to be enrolled in a graduate professional programme to be eligible for participation
Timing and Language
1. Each participant shall be allotted a maximum of 5 minutes to speak (4 minutes for constructive speech and 1 minute for rebuttal)
2. Exceeding the time limit shall prejudice the team’s overall score
3. Participants can only speak in English.
1. The participants will be judged by a panel of judges on the basis of Matter, Manner and Method.
2. The decision of the judges shall be final and indisputable
1. The debate shall be conducted through online mode.
2. The Participants will be informed whether they’ll be speaking FOR or AGAINST the motion, on 27th October.
3. All participants are required to wear formals.
4. The Debate Organizing Committee reserves the right to alter the rules/regulations at any point which shall be binding there forth.
5. E-Certificates shall be sent to the winners and participants on their registered Email ids
6. All participants are required to follow the steps given below:
a) Join the Google Meet Link 10 minutes prior to the scheduled time
b) Mute their microphones and turn off their videos at all times until it’s their turn to speak
c) Refrain from speaking to the audience or other teams except at the times specifically allocated to them
d) Refrain from sharing screen during the programme
e) Refrain from continuous reading from a paper, or electronic device. Such an act shall automatically disqualify the participant
f) Ensure optimal internet connectivity for an enriched learning experience
• Participants need to submit the Online Registration Form through the prescribed mode latest by October 25, 2021. The confirmation for the same needs to be retained.
• Participants are requested to register for the debate through the link given at the end of this post.
Prerana Chaturvedi: + 91 9027224194
Nandini Mangla: +91 9728645407