About School of Legal Studies, REVA University
The School of Legal Studies offers graduate programmes with the objective of preparing Law graduates with a sound understanding of the fundamentals of legal knowledge. The School offers B.A., LL.B. (Hons.) and B.B.A.., LL.B. (Hons.) of five-year (10 semesters) duration and undertakes consultancy projects. Equipped with excellent infrastructure including Moot Court, Counseling Cell, and a fully air-conditioned library with a variety of print and online resources aims to advance and dissemination knowledge of the law and legal processes in the context of national development.
- Course Title: Writing A Research Paper in Law
- Course Instructor: Ms. Amlanika Bora, Assistant Professor, School of Legal Studies, REVA University,
- Course Duration: 20 hours
- Course Fee: INR 2000/-
- Eligibility for Enrollment: Open to undergraduate and postgraduate students
- Registration commences on: February 6, 2023
- Registration ends on: March 1, 2023
This course is designed to introduce students to the basics of legal research and writing. Students will learn how to research and write a legal research paper in a clear, organized, and concise manner. Special attention will be given to proper citation and the use of case law in legal research. Throughout the course, students will develop an understanding of how to apply legal research methods to their own research paper. At the conclusion of the course, students will have a comprehensive research paper that meets all the necessary standards of the legal writing.
- To provide students with an understanding of the legal research process and how to effectively communicate legal research findings.
- To teach students the fundamentals of writing a legal research paper, including topics such as topic selection, research methodology, and citation.
- To help students develop an understanding of the legal writing process and the importance of using correct grammar and punctuation.
- To help students become familiar with the various legal citation systems and how to use them properly in a research paper.
To equip students with the skills necessary to write a clear, concise, and well-structured research paper that meets the requirements of the legal field.
Course Learning Outcomes
After successfully completing this course, the students should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the research process, including how to formulate a research question.
- Analyze and evaluate primary and secondary legal sources to develop a legal argument.
- Identify the ethical considerations and responsibilities of conducting research in law.
- Demonstrate the ability to properly cite and reference sources using the appropriate academic style.
- Synthesize legal research findings in order to develop an argument.
- Construct a well-structured and logically argued research paper.
- Effectively communicate and defend the research paper’s conclusions
About the Course Instructor
Amlanika Bora is an Assistant Professor (Law) at School of Legal Studies, REVA University, Bangalore, and pursuing her Ph.D. from The West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences (WBNUJS), Kolkata. She holds a B.A. LL.B. (five Years Integrated) and an LL.M. degree from Centre for Juridical Studies, Dibrugarh University, Assam and was University topper (Dibrugarh University) of LL.M. batch 2014. She cleared UGC-NET and was awarded with JRF (Law). Before joining REVA University, she worked with various institutions of reputeas Assistant Professor of Law including, Presidency University, CMR University, CHRIST (Deemed to be University) and Bangalore Institute of Legal Studies. Also, she worked as a visiting faculty at Ramaiah College of Law.
I. Module I Overview of Research and Legal Research
II. Module II The Research Process: Identifying and Formulating a Research Question-Research Strategies Evaluating Sources
III. Module III Art of legal writing- Introduction- Argument Development- Analysis- Conclusion- Mechanics
and Citation- Citation Formats- Grammar and Style- Editing and Proofreading
III. Module IV Research Presentation- Preparing a Presentation- Presentation Techniques
III. Module V Research Resources- Databases- Reference Sources
III. Module VI Assignment- Research Project
*5 Best-performing students will be awarded with Certificate of Excellence.
BROCHURE [For More Info]: Click Here