We are pleased to inform you that the Centre for Labour Laws, National Law Institute University, Bhopal (“NLIU Bhopal”) in collaboration with National Law University, Delhi (“NLU Delhi”) is organising a first of its kind ‘Global Symposium on Labour and Employment Laws (“GSLEL”) in February, 2022. Through this email, we invite the Abstracts for the papers to be presented at the 3 day Symposium. The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 11.59 PM IST, 15 November, 2021.
The Centre for Labour Laws (“CLL”) was established in 2019, with an aim to seek justice and spread general awareness, respect and sympathy for the nation’s labour class; it’s first big initiative being alleviating the misery of migrant workers during the pandemic.
Under the able guidance and support of our Patron, Prof. (Dr.) V. Vijaykumar (Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor, NLIU) and Chairperson, Mr. Mahendra Soni (Assistant Professor, NLIU), over a short span of 2 years, CLL has taken various collective and collaborative initiatives consistent with its aims. We have our own dedicated blog & journal on the Labour & Employment Laws and contributing to the cause of the subject. We have also submitted our recommendations/comments/suggestions to the draft rules framed under various laws by the Ministry of Labour & Employment, Government of India, thereby highlighting that CLL is also involved in policy making for the labour & employment law sector at State as well as Union level.
Our upcoming initiative GSLEL is being hosted with an aim to provide a platform and enable discussions on key issues and new developments in the field of Labour and Employment Laws in the International arena in the post-pandemic world.
The theme for the same is “Discussing key issues and new developments in the field of Labour and Employment Laws in the International Arena.”
The event would be held from 4-6th February, 2022 thereby, inviting various students, graduates, scholars, academicians, practitioners, researchers, industry experts and policy makers across the globe to contribute their ideas in the said field.
The entire event consists of around 6 sessions where the participants would be presenting their papers, having discussions and deliberations on the above-said theme and the surrounding sub-themes, thereby engaging into a brainstorming process which will in turn encourage the attendees and the participants along with the government agencies to look into the reforms in labour & employment law more seriously.
The submission guidelines are as follows:
- An abstract/proposal between 300 to 500 words, clearly summarising the arguments, should be submitted to email@example.com. The file should be titled as: “Abstract_(Name of the Article)”.The deadline for the submission of abstracts is 11.59 PM IST, 15 November, 2021.
- The preferred length of the full paper (excluding footnotes) is 5,000-6,000 words (maximum limit). Authors must confine the paper between 12-15 pages, inclusive of everything. It must also include an Abstract (not more than 500 words) and 3-5 keywords.
- Authors’ autobiographical details should be sent along with the contribution in a separate word document titled as “Cover Letter”, and shall include the name, academic & professional qualifications, institutional affiliation, current title, position of each author and an address for correspondence. Co-authorship up to two authors is allowed.
- The paper must be written in British English, typed using Times New Roman (Normal style, Font size 12) and in MS-Word. Page size should be A4, single column with 2.5 cm (1 inch) margin on all sides with single line spacing. All pages of the manuscript (including Tables and Figures) must be numbered. Submissions only in the .docx or.doc format will be accepted.
- Authors are expected to adhere strictly to the deadlines, and no extension will be granted, by the organizers, to any participant on any grounds whatsoever.
- Acceptance of Abstracts does not guarantee a publication in the Edited Book. After the submission, if the piece is considered suitable for publication, it will be subjected to double-blind peer review process. The decision regarding the same will be informed to the Author(s) within the due course of time.
- The Editorial Board reserves the right to edit, change, shorten and add to your article for the original edition and for any subsequent revision along with the right to republish the article as part of an anthology in later years: provided that the meaning of the text is not materially altered.
- It is the responsibility of the author(s) to ensure that all references and citations are correct, and that the contribution does not contain any material that infringes copyright, or is defamatory, obscene or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
- The citations must conform to OSCOLA (Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) Citing and Referencing Style. Citation of sources should appear in both the body of the text (an in-text citation) and at the end of the work (a reference list).
- Copyright in the article shall be vested jointly with the author(s) of the submission and the Publisher. By submitting an article for the symposium, the author(s) of the submission grants the publisher a license to publish the article and warrants that s/he is the owner of all the copyrights of the article. Where the author subsequently wishes to publish the article, the author is requested to obtain prior permission from the Editorial Board of the symposium and acknowledge that the article first appeared in the symposium proceedings.
- The Author(s) will indemnify and defend the Publisher against any claim, demand or recovery against the Publisher by reason of any violation of any proprietary right or copyright, or because of any libellous or scandalous matter contained in the Manuscript. The Author(s) shall submit an undertaking to the same effect.
Please visit https://cll.nliu.ac.in/ for more details about the GSLEL and upcoming and other initiatives of CLL.
Please feel free to reach out to us, in case of any doubts/queries, regarding the same on firstname.lastname@example.org, with a subject line “Queries/Doubts/Clarifications relating to Global Symposium on Labour & Employment Law”.
Brochure: Click Here