About Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai
Students for the Promotion of International Law, as the name suggests, is a student body which cynosures International Law. With an increasing need for awareness in the field of International Law, we maintain that such awareness is put into an impetus through the diverse events we conduct within the versatile subject of International Law. At SPIL, we take a novel approach for Students and Academia alike, to let them be a part of the discourse, to explore the magnificently huge sphere of International Law, while always keeping in mind the grey and equivocal areas of the subject and attempting to abridge the same.
SPIL organises a series of Lectures and workshops every year for various aspects of International Law but the sphere is not restricted only to the pure subject matter, it also entertains issues pertaining to methodology of research in the subject, the paradigm set for how ground realities are and other things which pivot around International Law.
About Cyber Law Consulting
Cyber Law Consulting, founded and headed by Renowned International Cyber & Privacy Lawyer Advocate (Dr.) Prashant Mali. It is an award-winning full-service Techno legal / law firm based in India. They are experts and practitioners as well as litigators in the areas of cyber security, cyber-crimes, IT Act of 2000, Privacy law, Digital Wallet issues, Electronic evidence issues, etc. They provide expert opinion on various matters where technology and law intersect, practicing in different courts across the country as expert legal counsels. They take matters pertaining to Expert Arguments, Bails, Cross Examinations, Appeals, Drafting & vetting of petitions involving technology, electronic evidence. Their Lawyers regularly contribute articles in various magazines & Law Journals related to Technology & Law and conduct Cyber Law awareness camps across the country as a CSR responsibility.
About the National Legal Article Writing Competition.
In an attempt to facilitate legal studies, Students for the Promotion of International Law (SPIL), Mumbai publishes a legal magazine called the ‘International Law Journal’, its yearly publication. The International Law Annual comprises literature on the myriad aspects of International Law through an engaging confluence of short articles, analytic works on landmark cases, and interviews with legal luminaries on contemporary issues, discussions and analysis on international legislation, and book reviews.
Accordingly, SPIL, Mumbai is pleased to hold the National Legal Article Writing Competition calling for articles from the law students across the country.
The submission deadline has been extended to 30th September, 2021 before 11:59 pm. Participants must send in their submissions to email@example.com
Students/participants must be pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Law, i.e., 3-year LL.B. Course or 5-year LL.B from any recognized college or university or pursuing LL.M from any recognized university.
“Cyber Laws and Regulation in the International Realm”
Sub-Topics: (Participants are required to choose from one of the following Sub-Topics.)
- Legal Aspects of Cyber Espionage or Cyber Warfare in International Law.
- Recent Developments and the Necessity for Rigorous Cyber Security Legislation in Developing and Underdeveloped Countries.
- Regulation of Cryptocurrency in the International Trade Arena.
- Analysis of International Laws on Tracking and User Data.
- Data Protection & Privacy Rights: The Legality of their Breach under International Law.
Awards and Merit
Best Paper: INR 10,000/- + Publication in the SPIL International Law Journal + Online/ Offline Internship at Cyber Law Consulting + Certificate of Merit
2nd Best Paper: INR 6,000/- + Certificate of Merit
Participants whose articles are considered in the entries will receive a Certificate of Participation
- Only a single submission may be made from each participant.
- The articles should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- Each entry must be previously unpublished work of the participant. The articles published elsewhere or selected/submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- Participants may seek Individual participation only. An article co-authored by two or more students will not be accepted.
- The entries shall be the property of SPIL, Mumbai which reserves the right of publication of the same in any periodical, journal, newsletter, digital material or in any other manner as it may deem appropriate.
- The organising committee’s decision as regards the interpretation of the rules or any other matter related to the Competition shall be final and binding.
- The name of the author should not be mentioned anywhere in the article.
- The article is to have a minimum of 3000 words and a maximum of 4000 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- The article should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and the Line Spacing of the article should be double-spaced (2.0), justified.
- The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Line Spacing 1.0.
- The margins on all pages must be 1” or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- Every citation must follow the Harvard Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The submissions must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Submission: National Legal Article Writing Competition”.
- The body of the e-mail must specify the name of the author, theme & sub-topic, title of the article, name of the author, college/institute/university of author, programme enrolled & year of study of author, e-mail address & contact no. of author
- The submission must be attached in ‘.doc’ or ‘.docx’ and ‘pdf’ format
For any further queries please feel free to write to us at email@example.com or contact us:
Shaili Dhulia: (+91) 7715925232
Shubham Garg: (+91) 7988718419
Brochure: Click Here