About National University of Study and Research in Law, Ranchi –
National University of Study and Research in Law (Ranchi) was instituted in the year 2010 by Act No 4 of Jharkhand State Assembly. The vision is to inculcate within the students the nuances of legal culture and instill within them a passion for law, cumulatively with sound legal knowledge, skill, courage, and integrity requisite in the administration of justice and to contribute qualitatively to the growing legal fraternity across the nation. In a world that is fast and constantly changing, students of law must constantly update their knowledge, skills and techniques to match the level of efficiency and professionalism expected from them in the 21st century. The University incorporates various methods and techniques to help the students match that level of expectancy and achieve success in their careers, simultaneously adding quality to the professional sphere of legal practitioners in the nation.
About the Competition –
This 26-11-2020, India celebrates the landmark 71 Years of its Constitution which was formally adopted on 26-11-1949. The Constitution, though young, has undergone a tremendous change over these seven decades. Starting with 395 Articles and 8 schedules, it stands now stands at over 450 Articles and 12 Schedules—a result of 104 amendments. The Indian Constitution is a marvelous document and its robustness and durability rest on its many built-in safeguards securing citizens’ rights to freedom and justice and fair play which no government, however powerful, can hope to effectively recast within the space of a single or even multiple tenures in office. Therefore on the occasion of 71st Constitution Day, the Constitutional Law Club, NUSRL has organised the national level blog writing competition to further the discussions on the glorious aspects of the Indian Constitution.
Eligibility Criteria –
The competition is open to all law pursuing students (three or five years, including L.L.M/PhD) from any recognized university.
Theme – Constitution in its Seventies
Sub Themes –
- Constitutional Morality
- Transformative nature of Constitution
- Constitutional Identity
Note – The list in not exhaustive and authors can opt for any topic within the ambit of the theme.
Submission Guidelines –
- The article should not disclose the identity of the author/s in order to maintain anonymity.
- The length of the article should not be more than 2000 words (excluding footnotes)
- The sub-heading should be in Font size 12, Bold, Times New Roman and Center aligned.
- The main text should be in Font size 12, Times New Roman, 1.5 line spacing and Justified.
- All references must be in form of foot-notes with Font size 10 single spacing.
- For citation Bluebook style – 20th Edition should be followed.
- Co-authorship is not permitted.
- All the submissions must be submitted via Google form.
- Participants not adhering to the word limit will be marked negatively.
- The Articles are strictly meant to be an original work of authors/co-authors. Plagiarized articles will be disqualified.
- The article should not include any kind of political comment/hate speech which prejudices any community/group of people; such comment shall lead to immediate disqualification of the article.
- Date of release of notification: 26th November, 2020
- Last date of submission of article: 20th December, 2020
- Date of Result Declaration: First week of February, 2021.
- Top 3 entries will get merit e-certificate.
- Top entries would be considered for publication in our blog.
- The name of the winners will be displayed on the NUSRL Website.
- Separate intimation will also be sent to all the winners along with a Letter of Appreciation.
Submission link – https://docs.google.com/forms/
d/e/1FAIpQLSd4f_QEau49R_ JsnK0qO14Rr_ i4Rj302HPIoOMqla4J7eFU0A/ viewform?usp=sf_link
Evaluation Criteria –
The article shall be critically examined and any political or prejudice comment/opinion shall lead to immediate disqualification. The article shall be marked upon the following aspect –
- Knowledge of the topic
- Relevance of research
- Legal acumen
- Structure and organisation of the article
Email Address – firstname.lastname@example.org
Shreya Mishra – 7004801585
Mujeeb Ur Rehman – 9430136818
Brochure : Click Here