ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
The ICFAI University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand (hereinafter referred to as the University) was established under the ICFAI University Act 2003 (Act No.16 of 2003) passed by the Uttaranchal Legislative Assembly and assented to by the Governor on July 08, 2003. The University has also been awarded the certificate for E-Learning Excellence of Academic Digitization (e- LEAD).
- Ranked 36th among Top 50 World’s Universities with Real Impact (WURI) Ranking 2021 under Industrial Application.
- Ranked 45th among Top Universities, In India and only University in Uttarakhand with THE Times Higher Education World’s Impact Ranking 2021 which includes 18 tables-One for each of the 17 SDGs as well as one overall Ranking 2020-21.
- Ranked 13th in the Private University (Premier Category) by Indian Institutional Ranking Framework (IIRF, 2020-21).
- Ranked 1st among Top Private Universities in Uttarakhand; by Education World Higher Education Ranking 2020-21.
- Ranked 19th among Top Private Universities in North India; by Education World Higher Education Ranking 2020-21.
- Ranked 46th among Top 100 Private Universities in India: by Education World Higher Education Ranking 2020-21.
ABOUT ICFAI LAW SCHOOL, DEHRADUN
ICFAI Law School (formerly known as Faculty of Law), a constituent of the ICFAI University, Dehradun is established to develop a new generation of legal professionals through the comprehensive and contemporary body of knowledge, professional skills and research integrating law with Management/Humanities. The Bar Council of India has accorded its approval for imparting three year and five-year Law Courses at ICFAI University, Dehradun, Uttarakhand and award degrees in law.
- Ranked 13th among Best Law Schools of Eminence in India & Rated AAA+ Among Top (Pvt.& Govt) Law School of Uttarakhand in North Zone by Carrier 360, 2021.
- Ranked 13th among Top Law Schools of Eminence in India by Indian Institutional Ranking Framework (IIRF), 2020-21.
- Ranked 1st among Top Law Schools in Uttarakhand (Govt. & Pvt. Law Schools) by CSR-GHRDC Survey 2021.
- Ranked 5th among Top Leading Law Schools of Super Excellence in Overall Rank in India (Govt. and Pvt. Law Schools) by CSR-GHRDC Survey 2021.
ABOUT THE CENTRE
The Centre for Corporate Law and Governance has been constituted under the ambit of The ICFAI University, Dehradun following its rules & regulations. The Centre operates under the supervision and guidance of Assistant Dean of the ICFAI Law School, Mrs Monica Kharola. The Centre aims to encourage education and research-oriented studies in the field of Corporate Law & Governance. The focus of the Centre is to venture into new projects, which will announce the convergence of academia and expert insights on various matters on Corporate Law concerning the future. The goal of the Centre is to support advocacy, research and policy-oriented discussions in the areas of Corporate Law and Governance.
NATIONAL ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION
- The competition is open to all the law students pursuing a degree from an affiliated University/College/Institute.
- No restriction on the number of entries from one University/College/Institute.
- Raise in the Crypto Ponzi Schemes by unidentified groups- The Impact, the Victim & the Legal Options.
- The emergence of Commercial Justice System with the development of the Insolvency Bankruptcy Code and Arbitration.
- The Retrospective Tax laws in India & Its Debacle.
- A Bite at the cherry: Challenging Arbitral Awards under contemporary issues involved in Companies Act, 2013.
- Determining the issues involved in the disputed debts under Section 9 of the Insolvency Bankruptcy Code, 2016 before the Axe falls.
- The last date for registration is: 5th April 2022.
- The Link for registration is: https://forms.gle/HJeZX95Hg6JXTTLh7.
- The registered participants shall be required to submit their abstracts by 5th April 2022 on the link attached provided herein: https://forms.gle/FkSu2SScgUKtXn596.
- The word limit for the abstract is 250 words.
- Participation is free for all the students.
- The article must be submitted in Microsoft Word document format (.doc/.docx).
- Co-authorship is not allowed.
- The following formatting specifications need to be strictly adhered to:
- Main Body: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, and Line Spacing – 1.5, Alignment- Justified;
- Footnotes: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 10, and Line Spacing – 1.0, Alignment- Justified and footnotes must follow the system of citation.
- The word limit is 2500- 4000 words excluding footnotes.
- Every citation must follow the 21st edition of the Bluebook.
- The article must contain an abstract; not exceeding 250 words followed by 5 minimum keywords is mandatory (which would not be counted in the word limit for the article). It must indicate the theme/topic.
- All submissions are to be made via Google form through the link given at the end of this brochure, by 15th April 2022.
- The articles should be the original work of the authors. A maximum of 15% plagiarism is allowed. The same will be determined by the Organizing Committee. Non-adherence to the same shall result in disqualification.
The article must be accompanied by a cover letter containing the following information about the participant:
- Title of the Article,
- Name of the Author,
- Working Professional/Student,
- Designation/Year of Study,
- Institutional Affiliation,
- Email address of the author,
- The contact number of the author.
- 1st Winner: Rs 5,000 + Certificate
- 2nd Winner: Rs 3,000 + Certificate
- 3rd Winner: Rs 2,000 + Certificate
- Participation Certificate to all.
Link for Submission of Article – https://forms.gle/Mh3j3CtVvMRDqzCG7
The last date for registration is: 5th April 2022.
The last date for submission of abstract is: 5th April 2022.
The last date for submission of the Article is: 15th April 2022.
- In case of any query, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Abu Bakar Mokarim
- Ms Nitya
Patron-in Chief Patron
Dr. Ram Karan Singh Brig. Rajiv Sethi (Retd.)
(Vice Chancellor) (Registrar)
Mr. Abu Bakar Mokarim Ms. Stuti Tiwari Mrs. Monika Kharola
Student Convenor Faculty Convenor Assistant Dean
|Convenor||Abu Bakar Mokarim|
For brochure please click on https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pdDZATERvDIvRouOcMp0M_u0malpqMbe/view?usp=sharing