About the Organization
The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is nurtured by Dr. S. B. Mujumdar, Chancellor, Symbiosis International (Deemed University) on the principles of Vedic thought ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’ which means ‘World as One Family’. Symbiosis Law School (SLS) Hyderabad was established in 2014 inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International Deemed University, Pune.
About the Environmental Law Cell
Environmental Law Cell (ELC), one of the many cells/ centres of Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad was established with the motto of incorporating a sense of responsibility towards the environment among students and creating awareness about each person’s individual responsibilities to contribute in the prevention of future degradation of the environment. Through the Cell, the members educate the students in campus and people off campus about the need for environment conservation and Sustainable Development through various activities like plantation drive, awareness camps, national seminars, webinars, jumble sale, competitions, etc. The Cell also takes the initiative to celebrate environmentally important days through awareness.
About the Event
The National Article Writing Competition is to be conducted in the lead up to the World Water Day, which is celebrated on the 22nd of March, 2022. World Water Day celebrates water while also creating awareness of the billions of people who do not have access to clean drinking water. The goal is to find solutions and put them into action to handle the world’s water crisis. The realization of Sustainable Development Goal 6: Water and Sanitation for all by 2030 is a major focus of World Water Day. In the 30th meeting of UN-Water held at Rome, the theme for World Water Day, 2022 was decided as “Ground Water: Making the Invisible Visible” and the same is the theme of the Competition.
The sub-themes for the competition are:
1. National Water Policy, 2002 and Drinking Water Issues.
2. Universal access to safe and affordable drinking water by 2030.
3. Role of Institutions, Infrastructure and Technology in meeting Global Water Challenges.
4. Right to Water and International Law Instruments.
5. Inter state rivers: Management, Development and Dispute Resolution.
These themes are merely suggestive and submissions on another topic tackling the same area will be accepted.
Students, pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate programs in recognized law schools in India; research scholars, legal professionals and other interested candidates are eligible to participate. Co-authorship is not permitted.
The submissions will be made through the online mode via Google Form.
Submission link: https://forms.gle/
The competition is free and no fee is required to participate
- The manuscript should be in MS Word format. Submission in any other format will not be accepted.
- The title of the manuscript should be concise and apt to the chosen topic.
- Word limit of the article should be 1800-2500 words, inclusive of footnotes.
- The manuscript shall be original and unpublished. Plagiarism must be within the permissible limit of 20%.
- The submission should not be plagiarized and should be free from grammatical, spelling, and other errors.
- Full name of the author must be given.
- A uniform method of citation must be adhered to (Bluebook 20th edition).
- The body of the manuscript shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10, single line spacing.
- A margin of 4 cm shall be left on all sides of the paper.
- Page borders shall not be used
We will be accepting submissions from 14th March 2022 to 27th March, 2022
- Top 3 entries will stand a chance to get their articles published in the Legal Lock Journal [ISSN No. 2583-0384]
- The participants will be provided with E-Certificates of participation
For any queries, contact:
Ms. Puneet Dhanoa (President) +91 9501517044
Mr. Rajrishi Ramaswamy (Vice President) +91 9515916229