It gives us immense pleasure in announcing that the Legal Aid Society, Faculty of Law, Integral University is organizing a National Article Writing Competition which will be held online in the second week of April, 2022. The theme for the event is: – Dropping of Criminal Proceedings: A Case for Economic Fugitives.
Effective writing is a form of art, which only certain people possess. The main objective of article writing competition is to convey the thoughts of the writers and give information regarding a certain topic, which will prove to be helpful and provide knowledge to the students about different topics. To convey the very idea of once perspective, a good article requires a lot of research information intertwined with suggestions and advices, through which the author believes to achieve the attention from its reader.
Rules of the Competition
- The article must be written in English and submitted in Microsoft Word document format (.doc/.docx).
- Co-authorship up to a maximum of two authors is permitted.
- Only one submission is allowed per author/team. Submissions, both as co-author and single, will be treated as multiple submissions and will be disqualified as an entry to the competition.
- The following formatting specifications need to be strictly adhered to:
- Main Body: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 12, and Line Spacing – 1.5;
- Footnotes: Font – Times New Roman, Font Size – 10, and Line Spacing – 1.0 and footnotes must follow the Bluebook system of citation (APA, 20th edition).
- Margins should be 1 inch or 2.54 cm on all sides.
- The word limit is 2000 – 2500 words excluding footnotes.
- The article must contain an abstract, not exceeding 250 words (which would not be counted in the word limit for the article). It must indicate the theme/topic.
- Submission of articles will be at firstname.lastname@example.org
- The article must be accompanied by a cover letter containing the following information about the participant:
- Full name of the participant;
- Theme/Topic chosen;
- Participant’s current year of study and name of the degree pursued;
- Name and full address of the participant’s university;
- Name and full postal address of the participant;
- Phone number of the participant and email ID of the participant.
Note: 1. The article must be original, unpublished and bona-fide work of the participant. Incomplete or plagiarized submissions shall be summarily rejected. The Similarity Index limit is 15% (excluding footnotes).
Note 2.No part of the article should contain any form of identification of the participant such as the name of the author, University/College name, etc. on the article. Any form of identification will lead to disqualification.
Sub-Themes of the Article
1.Dropping of criminal charges and violation of Constitutional rights.
2.Negotiation: A plea agreements.
3.Accomplice and Dropping of Criminal charges.
4.Cooperating in a Bigger case.
5.Remedy: Mistake of Fact against Criminal proceedings
6.Historical Perspectives of ADR in India
7.Ad hoc Arbitration v Institution Arbitration – A critical analysis
8.Alternatives to Imprisonment.
Link for registration: https://forms.gle/EpvFPGLNu6ZtpKmQ7
Registration Fees – Rs. 50/- per team. *
Last date for Registration – 30th March, 2022*
Last date for submission – 14 April 2022.*
For any Queries,pleasecontact
Mr. Ashraf Azmi
Umar Saif Khan (9580380410)