About AGISS Research Institute
AGISS RESEARCH INSTITUTE is a think tank registered as a trust under the Indian Trust Act, 1882. This project of setting up a think tank was undertaken so as to fill the vacuum that has arisen in the field of Law, and the research shall also be conducted in 24 areas earmarked by the think tank for efficient and effective policy making and providing support to the Governmental institutions, Schools, Colleges, Universities and so on and so forth.
In the various fields earmarked for research by the Think Tank, we have garnered support from various Academicians, Lawyers, Retired Judges, IT Experts, Business Executives, Doctors, Business people and so on.
The Aims and Objectives of the Think Tank are to enlighten the people with different areas of research, to conduct studies in various fields and sectors, to organise conferences, seminars, organise competitions pertaining to educational sector, to highlight work done by eminent people and to guide as to the Research required in the various fields of education.
The Think Tank shall also endeavour to prepare students for upcoming challenges in their area of educational interests with a specific focus on research, logical reasoning and leadership training programs for creating a better tomorrow as we believe that students of today are the future of the country.
AGISS Research Institute shall also work in conjunction with various Government bodies and Think Tanks so as to assist them in the field of research for the welfare of the people.
We are delighted to inform you that numerous distinguished people have already consented to be a part of AGISS RESEARCH INSTITUTE and the details regarding the same are already available on the website. We extend warm wishes and humbly invite you to be part of our journey in the educational research arena and be a part of AGISS RESEARCH INSTITUTE.
Aim of the Competition
The Competition seeks to promote interest in the area of Law focusing especially over abortion rights and right to life and convergence of the same into General Law of the land.
To kindle, among law students, the interest in ever expanding fields of law on Right to information, this Moot Court Competition focuses upon the nature of information which is supposed to be revealed and made available for the public in wider interest of the general public.
Eligibility for Participation
- The competition is open to all students enrolled bona fide on a regular basis as full-time learners in Undergraduate Law Programme (3 Year/ 5 Year)/pursuing LL.M or its equivalent Law degree conducted by any recognized institution / College/ University operative in / outside India.
- Eligibility for becoming a team member: Any person may become a team member
- If he / she is pursuing a Law Graduation Degree Course or pursuing a Masters degree in Law.
- If he/she has formally applied to compete on behalf of an institution under which he/ she is enrolled as a full time regular student.
- Any number of teams are allowed from one college/institute/university.
- Each team may comprise a maximum of two (2) and not more than three (3) members. The team composition may be of two (2) speakers only or of two (2) speakers and one (1) researcher. It is henceforth clarified, that if a participating team would be comprising of 2 members, then one of them shall also be appearing as a Researcher in the Researcher’s Test.
- Once registered, a team will not be permitted to vary the composition of the team members in any manner. Changes, if any, may only be made with the express permission of the MCC (at their discretion), if due reason is shown for the same.
- Any changes with respect to the contact details shall be notified to the MCC with immediate effect. This obligation to inform shall continue throughout the course of the competition
- Each team will be assigned a specific code and each participant shall be given an individual code
- Teams shall not disclose their personal identity nor of their institution. Any disclosure in aforementioned nature may invite penalties including disqualification. It stands within the competence of MCC to initiate any disciplinary action against any participant or to do anything to redress any grievance related to competition and participation therein.
Medium of oral pleading and script to write memorials during competition shall be English Language only.
Participants shall be appropriately attired throughout the conduct of the competition (Inauguration, Oral Rounds & Valedictory) in the manner provided below:
- Male(s) – White formal shirt with black formal trousers, a black blazer and a black tie; and
- Female(s) – Western Formals (White formal shirt with black formal trousers/skirt and a black blazer) or Indian Formals (White kurta, black salwar and black dupatta along with the black blazer).
[Presence of collar bands in the attire detailed above are strictly prohibited.]
Mode of the Competition
- Release of Moot Problem, Invitation and Rules: 29 October 2022
- Last date for submission of the Registration Form along with a scanned copy of transaction id.: 1 December 2022 (Registration amount is Rs. 3000/- per team.)
- Post Dec 1, 2022 registration amount shall be Rs. 3300/- till Dec 5,2022 as last date of registration: 5 December 2022
- Last date of the approval of Teams by AGISS Moot Society with Team Code: 6 December 2022
- Last Date for Memorial Submission (soft copy): 8 December 2022
- Last Date for submission of hard copy of Moot Memorials: 11 December 2022
- Draw of lots and Exchange of Memorials: 15 December 2022
- Inaugural Session and Preliminary Rounds: 16 December 2022
- Octa Round and Quarter Finals respectively: 17 December 2022
- Semi-Final Rounds, Final Round and Valedictory Session: 18 December 2022
- Procedure for Registration: The procedure for registration for the competition, is as follows:
- Registration – Interested teams are required to register themselves to participate in the Competition by filling a registration form. The link to the form is given below: – https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScfqbNDquMXd3TWiY9HLWyrqOiUCXjnTy–t-U2umEioXAVA/viewform?usp=sf_link
- The teams are also required to mention the E-Mail ID of either the respective committee or the head/dean/mentor of the Institution in the Registration Form
- The Deadline for the Online Registration – December 1st, 2022 (Till 11:59 P.M. IST) without additional charges, and December 5th with additional charges.
- Registration Fee – INR 3,000/- [Indian Rupees Three Thousand Only (Per Team)]
- The confirmation of Registration will be notified to the teams by the Organisers, after the completion and verification of the Registration formalities.
- Payment of Registration Fee: The procedure for the payment of the Registration Fee shall be as follows:
- All the teams shall be required to make a payment of INR 3,000/- (till December 1, 2022).
- Registration amount will be 3,300/- (Post Dec 1, 2022 till December 5, 2022 thereafter the registration shall be closed).
- Payment Details
- Account Holder – AGISS Research Institute
- Account no. – Current Account no. 326621010000045
- Bank Name – Union Bank of India
- Branch Name – Faridabad Green field Branch
- IFSC Code – UBIN0932663
- The last date for completion of all the registration formalities is on or before December 5th, 2022 (till 11:59 P.M. IST).
- Prior information regarding the change in the composition of the team must be communicated in advance via email before or on 8th December 2022.
- Best Team Award: Rs 10000/- cash + perks and certificate
- Second Best Team Award: Rs.7000/-cash + perks and certificate
- Best Mooter Award: Rs. 5000/- cash + perks and certificate
- Best Memorial Award: Rs. 5000/- cash + perks and certificate
- Best Researcher Award: Rs. 5000/- cash + perks and certificate
- Teams qualifying in Semi Finals shall also be awarded Rs. 3,000/- cash + perks and certificates
- Certificate of Merit shall be presented to all the Teams qualifying for the Quarter-finals Round.
- In addition to Awards under categories as mentioned above, Certificates, as a token of appreciation, shall be distributed to all members of participating teams and all the volunteers
For any further Query, Participants can contact the Moot Court Committee
- Ms. Pratistha Majumdar: +91 9718082959
- Mr. Devesh Maurya: +91 98076 79324
- Mr. Harshit Kiran: +91 94724 34013
- Mr. Sahil Chaudhary: +91 83770 77542
- Mr. Suvesh Kumar: +91 8587012770
- Or E-Mail with subject “Query for National Moot Competition 2022” at email@example.com
BROCHURE: Click Here