Chanderprabhu Jain College of Higher Studies & School of Law, Delhi is organizing a National Moot Court Competition from Mar 1-2.
About the College
The CPJ College of Higher Studies & School of Law has about 2500 students, 80 faculty members and a similar number of supporting staff. CPJ has a state-of-the-art infrastructure including laboratories, library and computer facilities.
Delhi, the capital of the country, is known for its multi-cultural milieu, dynamism and rich academic legacy. Students joining CPJ College are nurtured with this rich cultural and educative environment.
About the Competition
A moot court competition simulates a court hearing (usually an appeal against a final decision), in which participants analyze a problem, research the relevant law, prepare written submissions, and present oral arguments.
Moot problems are typically set in areas of law that are unsettled or that have been subject to recent developments. They usually involve two grounds of appeal, argued by each side.
The procedure imitates what is followed in real courts: the judge enters, the mooters and the judge bow to each other, the clerk announces the matter, the mooters give their appearances and are then called on in turn to present their submissions, the judge asks questions to the mooters, the court adjourns, and the judge then returns to deliver a brief judgment and some feedback to the mooters.
In this Moot Court Competition-2024, various teams will participate. Each team shall comprise of 2-3 students which consist of one researcher and two mooters.
Members of the team must be undergraduate students pursuing a recognized Bachelor of Law (or equivalent) program. (Bachelor of Law means a 3-year graduation or 5-year integrated course for Indian students or an undergraduate degree in law recognized by the Bar or Regulator of where the student is undergoing education).
Only two teams can register from a particular College or Law School or University for participation in the competition.
Each team shall consist of two speakers and one researcher, or two speakers only. The Organizers will assign a code to each team and its members.
How to Register?
- The teams will have to register themselves by completing and submitting the Registration Form by clicking on the link given at the end of this post by 05.00 pm [IST] on February 15, 2024.
- After filling the Registration Form, each team shall through email send the filled registration form on email@example.com.
After acknowledgment by the Organizing Committee, the registration shall stand final.
- Registration Forms will have to be completed and submitted with all material particulars by the teams. Please note that incomplete Registration Forms shall not be accepted.
- The composition of the team cannot be changed once a team has registered except in exceptional circumstances.
- Teams that have successfully registered will be provided with a Unique Team Code (UTC) and that shall prevail as the identity till the competition is concluded.
- Apart from the UTC, teams are requested not to display or add the names or logos of their Colleges, Universities, or Law Schools anywhere in any communication(s) addressed in memorials/material submitted for the Competition.
There is a 4000/- Registration Fee for registering or participating in the competition. If any team wishes to avail the accommodation for two days the Registration Fee will be 7500/-.
- Competition: March 1-2, 2024.
- Last Date Registration: February 15, 2024.
- Last Date Submission of Memorial (Email): February 20, 2024.
- Last Date for submission of Memorial (hard copy): February 25, 2024.
Narela, New Delhi.
In case of any query, contact the following:
Faculty Organizing Committee
- Dr. Shalini Tyagi- 9313058335
- Ms. Prachi- 7838697067
- Ms. Mahima- 8447863900
Student Organizing Committee
- Mr. Abhishek Chadha- 9911191192
- Ms. Vanshika Jain- 9899106203
- Ms. Sanskriti Goel- 9910925617
https://www.cpj.edu.in/wp-content/uploads/2023/10/LoiFestaForms.pdf (Link For Registration)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nfAorSPeGtrV4OU8Yb9cmnGG9ojKFr0p/view (Link For the Brochure)