- About the organizer/college/university
IMS Law College, Noida which was established in 2004, is the first law college in Gautam Buddh Nagar to have started B.A., LL.B. 5-year degree programme. The college is known for its academic excellence and value-based education. It caters 5-year law degree courses like B.A., LL.B., B.Com., LL.B. and LL.B. 3-year degree course to the aspirants to be legal professionals. It imparts world-class education in the discipline of law.
IMS-Noida has also collaborations with several Universities overseas and seeks to imbibe a global mindset into its students. Most importantly, there is also a strong focus on research and IMS encourages its faculty and students to undertake consultancy projects with corporates.
- Details about the event
Topic: “Insights on International Arbitration Practices” on 21 October, 2021
Background and Focus:
Arbitration is an Alternative Dispute Resolution Method, which is based on the agreement of two or more parties to submit their dispute to an independent and impartial third party for final determination, appointed by them or by the procedure they have agreed upon. Arbitration, both as an agreement and a process of dispute resolution, is binding and enforceable, and operates outside and/or in parallel with the court system of a State.
The key feature of International Arbitration is that the parties to a dispute are from different jurisdictions; therefore, its complexity lies in the existence of many laws which may apply simultaneously, for example, the law in respect of parties’ capacity to arbitrate, the law applicable to the arbitration agreement, the governing law of the parties’ contractual relationship, the lex arbitri (i.e. the law of the Seat, the law of the arbitral procedure), the law of the State where the award (i.e. decision, final determination) will be enforced, etc.
Objectives of the Webinar:
- To familiarise the participants with the steps in the arbitration process, interim measures and the final remedies available to the parties in International Commercial Arbitration.
- To identify each of the above potential applicable laws and how they interact with each other.
- To familiarize the participants with the ‘Three Pillars’ of International Commercial Arbitration, i.e., the UNCITRAL Model Law, the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules and the New York Convention 1958.
- Law Students
- Law School Faculty Members
- Legal Professionals
- Research Scholars
- Anyone interested in International Commercial Arbitration
Ignatios Kranidiotis is a dual qualified Lawyer, a Solicitor of England & Wales and a Greek Supreme Court Advocate, with a blend of in-house and law firm experience. He has served as Legal Counsel in an internationally renowned EPC infrastructure construction company and as General Counsel in various commercial companies (transportation, telecommunications, waste management etc). He has extensive experience in multinational cross-border transactions and a proven track record of advising major clients and teaming partners on, inter alia, complex transportation issues, construction and engineering projects, renewable energy projects and commercial transactions throughout the world.
Ignatios has 20 years solid experience in dispute resolution, both in litigation and international arbitration, representing and advising legal entities in disputes arising out of the domains of construction and commercial law, where he served as Counsel in ad hoc arbitrations and in arbitrations conducted under the rules of various institutions (e.g. ICC, LCIA etc). He read law both in the UK and Greece obtaining two Bachelors of Laws (LL.B.) and holds a Master of Laws (LLM) in Construction Law & Practice from England. He is a co-founder of a law firm based in Athens.
- Registration form- https://teams.microsoft.com/registration/Rx44TLI400yYl4wJAfMGNA,XVarj0SSvEaXRX9g9vQ5pA,LKThFm7MCEGCKbVKEOvcNA,5FAK4NERuk6Wry_AnBeT-g,xfejniy2TEmY6n26mwd5tg,e6rBzXpevkaaVmkCeELfQA?mode=read&tenantId=4c381e47-38b2-4cd3-9897-8c0901f30634
You will receive the MS Teams meeting ID link after registration through mail.
- Fee details (if any)- FREE REGISTRATION
- E-certificates to all the participants.
6.Deadlines/dates- register by 20 October, 2021 at 11:59 PM
7.Contact Information-Convener-Prof. Govind Prasad Goyal-WhatsApp no.-+91-997-112-9012
9.Join pls WhatsApp group — https://chat.whatsapp.com/DnzeT1fQPGY2QJwrgJW5Z0