The National Law Institute University, Bhopal (NLIU) is a law school and centre for research located in Bhopal, India. Established in 1997 by the state of Madhya Pradesh, it is one of the first three law schools to have been established under the National Law School System.
Gender Justice Cell, NLIU was established in 2004 with an aim to promote gender equality and to sensitise and create awareness on gender related issues. It promotes research based on the theme Gender and Law through its Events & Blog. The Gender Justice Cell, NLIU seeks to conduct the 4th NLIU National Conference on Gender & Law on 06-07 April, 2024. It deals with the themes related to contemporary legal issues with a focus on Gender Justice.
The aim of this conference is to further the idea of Gender Justice and to initiate discussions on the relevant and prominent topics pertaining to Gender and Law at the national level.
Date & Venue
The Conference will be organised on 6th-7th April, 2024 at the J.S. Verma Convention Centre, National Law Institute University, Bhopal.
Students from undergraduate, post graduate and doctoral qualification, academicians and scholars, practitioners, consultants, researchers, and policy makers from different backgrounds across the world areeligible to participate in the Conference.
Ø Impact of New Criminal Laws on Gender Equality
Ø Labour, Corporate Law and Gender
Ø Media, Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology and Gender Justice
Ø Judiciary, Litigation and Gender Justice
Ø Good Governance, Policy Making and Gender Equality
The sub-themes of above 5 Major themes are given in the Brochure.
Papers can be submitted under the following categories:
- Long Articles: Between 5000 and 8000 words. Papers in this category are expected to engage with the theme comprehensively and offer an innovative reassessment of the current understanding of that theme. For a long article, co-authorship of upto two authors is permitted.
- Essays: Between 3000 and 5000 words. Essays are expected to be far more concise in scope. These papers are usually meant to deal with a very specific issue and argue that the issue must be conceptualized differently. They should be more engaging, and make a more easily identifiable, concrete argument. For Essays, co-authorship of upto two authors is permitted.
- Case Notes and Legislative Comments: Between 1500 and 2500 words. These are analyses of any contemporary judicial pronouncement or a new piece of legislation/rules/consultation papers whether in India or elsewhere. The note must identify and examine the line of cases through which the decision in the question came about, and comment on implications for the evolution of that branch of law. In the case of legislative comment, the note must analyse the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have. Co-authorship is not permitted for this category.
- Call for abstracts: 27 January 2024
- Last Date for Abstract Submission: 15 February 2024
- Abstract Selection: 20 February 2024
- Last date for Submission of Manuscript: 10 March 2024
- Final Selection for Presentation: 17 March 2024
- Last Date for Registration and Payment: 27 March 2024
- Conference: 06-07th April 2024
Registration and Payment
After the final selection of the paper, the authors/ co-authors will be required to fulfil the registration process by filling the registration form and paying the registration fees. The registration form will be sent to the authors of the selected manuscripts via email and will be opened at our website. Registration fee includes the expenses for food facilities, accomodation facilities, participation in the conference, publication of the contribution, conference attendance certificate, bag and accessories.
Upon submission of the registration form, the participants can pay their registration fee by PayPal, Google pay or Debit/Credit Card. The registration fee is to be submitted only by authors whose final papers have been selected for presentation in Conference. The amount of fee to be paid by each author are as follows:
- For Academicians, Professionals and PHD Scholars (Indian): INR 2500 per author
- For Students enrolled in undergraduate or post graduate programme (Indian): INR 1700 per author
- Submission Guidelines
- An abstract between 300 to 350 words, clearly summarising the arguments, should be submitted through the online Abstract Submission Form. The abstract must also include 3 to 5 keywords. The file should be titled as: “Abstract_(Topic)”. Link to the abstract submission form: https://forms.gle/nQD3qgZyjdkP4jee7
- The manuscript should be on A4 sized paper in MS Word, typewritten in British English using Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 line Spacing, justified and 1-inch margins on each side. Footnotes should be in font size 10 and with single line spacing. All pages of the manuscript (including Tables and Figures) must be numbered. Submissions made only in the .doc format (word file) will be accepted. The manuscript or the abstract must not contain any personal details of the author. The Authors should conform to the OSCOLA (Oxford Standard for the Citation of Legal Authorities) Citing and Reference Style.
- The Best Presenter will be given a Recognition Trophy and Certificate of Merit.
- The Second Best Presenter will be given a Recognition Trophy and Certificate of Merit.
- A Certificate of Merit will be given to Next Best 5 Presenters of the Conference.
In case of any query, mail us on firstname.lastname@example.org or contact our coordinators: Ms. Sakshi Sharma (+91 8461926245) & Mr. Nitesh Shukla ( +91 7905461782).
For further details, the brochure is attached below.
BROCHURE: Click Here