ABOUT THE ORGANISATION
Hoot Welfare Society is a Non-Governmental Organisation dedicated to nurturing students for a better world. It aspires to facilitate students to harness their knowledge and intelligence in a smart way for the welfare of the society working in the field of nourishment. Seeking student’s nourishment is its main focus and students themselves do charity in a good & smart ways with their knowledge and intelligence. Currently, Hoot Welfare Society is working in five domains-
- Smriti (Social Nourishment)
- Jeev Sharan Grah (Animal Nourishment)
- Heal (Medical Nourishment)
- Swaraj (Student Nourishment)
- Law Bloom (Legal Nourishment)
- AKHTAR HUSSAIN
- ASMA PRAVEEN
- ABHINAV SRIVASTAVA
- HIMALI SYLVESTER
- AYUSH KUMAR
RTI is an extremely powerful tool which ensures transparency of the government processes and rests with every Indian citizen to be used when the need arises. However there are instances when you can’t exercise RTI. Filing an RTI is however, is a slightly challenging task as there are a number of formalities that need to be followed. That’s why it is important to prepare a good draft of an RTI application before submitting it. Therefore, Hoot Welfare Society has come up with this internship program spreading over 3 Weeks to make students learn the importance of the same and how to draft a good RTI application.
Resource person – Dr. Amitra Sudan Chakraborty (Head of School of Legal studies, Seacom Skills University Bolpur, Birbhum, West Bengal, India)
|29th October, 2020||Induction||3: 30 PM TO 5 PM|
|30th October, 2020||Webinar on Timings, Theme, About Right to Information Act, 2005 and How to draft an RTI application, etc.||3: 30 PM TO 5 PM|
|01st November, 2020||Duration of Internship Task- I till 05th November
|06th November, 2020||Webinar/Briefing on – How to draft a complaint and appeal||04:00 PM onwards|
|07th November, 2020||Duration of Internship Task- II till 13th November
Drafting of complaint/Appeal arising from the drafted RTI application.
|18th November, 2020||Valedictory Session||05:00 PM|
He holds B. Com (Hons.), LLM, & Ph.D in law for the thesis on “Protection of Human Rights Defenders in Contemporary India”. He is also a Founder of MANAB, (an independent and none profit human rights organization). Apart from this, Sir is awarded as RTI activist by the Government of India. Also, he is the Recipient of Full Scholarship for the 2018 Executive programme on
*Interns may opt not to write; instead they can do other work as assigned by the team/mentor/resource person.
#Date & Time may vary as per the availability of resource person.
“People, Power and Change”- An Executive Programme in Community Organising for Leadership and Social action by O.P. Jindal Global University, Haryana. Sir has five years of experience of advocacy and 11 years of teaching experience.
INTERNSHIP DURATION– 21 days
There are different modules for the internship and for every module there will be webinar which is mandatory to attend. Before every Internship Task, students will be briefed upon the same by our respected resource person following which the student is expected to act and proceed with the task given by the resource person or the team.
- Registration Link – HERE OR register directly through this link – https://bit.ly/2T5gMjb.
- Interns need to pay a nominal amount of Rs.150/-. This is collected for better cause of humanity. Money collected from the internship will ultimately go for some bonafide use.
- Payment link is here OR pay directly through this link – https://imjo.in/W5qK6H.
Note: – Please make payment first, take screenshot & attach the same in the registration form.
- All the interns are requested to give their 100 percent to the internship.
- You must treat the internship as an educational experience.
- You must not violate any code of conduct.
- Follow all the deadlines that are given by the team or resource person to complete the tasks.
- After completion of Internship, the student need to prepare a comprehensive report to indicate what he has observed and learnt in the training period.
CODE OF CONDUCT
- Interns are expected to ensure their participation in all the online meetings conducted.
- Follow all the rules and policies of the organization.
- They are expected to behave professionally & exhibit respect towards the team members and mentors.
- Interns should be ready to take responsibility and do all the work with utmost sincerity.
- If any intern wishes to discontinue the internship he/she shall submit an application providing a minimum of 3 Day prior notice; if the intern fails to do so and leaves the internship without any notice, he/she shall be disqualified from any further activity of the Society.
- The decision of the Team with regard to termination of the internship or regarding internship certificate shall be final.
- A Cash Prize of Rs. 500/- along with the certificate to the best RTI drafter.
- Two selected interns will be offered a coupon of Rs.1000/- of Memo Pundit which can be used for purchase of any course offered by them.
- Paralegal (RTI) position to the best volunteer.
- Get volunteership free of cost in our organisation.
- Selected articles of the interns will be published in our Journal (proposed) with ISSN number*.
*For those who wishes to write article and if selected
PERKS TO BECOME OUR LAW BLOOM VOLUNTEER
- 1. Law bloom volunteers will be given special discounts/offers on any event organized by the HWS.
- 2. Real learning and maximum benefits
- 3. Learn drafting, writing and speaking skills by our experts.
- 4. Work from home with flexible timings.
- 5. Exciting events & internships.
- 6. Paralegal opportunity.
Please address your query on firstname.lastname@example.org to the undersigned –
- Asma Praveen
- Ayush Kumar