ABOUT THE ORGANIZER
Kshitizz (a Hindi word that means “Horizon”) is an NGO, formed by the Advocates, Lawyers, and law students of premier legal institutions especially Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam, registered under Societies Registration Act bearing Reg. No- S000044, 2019-20. Change is more expensive than Gold and that is what we at Kshitizz are striving to advocate. We are trying not only to build community leaders but also a society that is progressive, Self-sustained, and enlightened. It was created by the young, ambitious, and curious minds of students with the aim to change the world.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
It has been rightly said that ALL LIFE IS PROBLEM SOLVING. Problems are integrated with life. There’s hardly anyone who has never had a problem in his life. And is it really a life which doesn’t have any problem at all. Maybe not, because life is about experiences and experiences are largely the results of the problems we face and the ways in which we end up solving them. Sometimes all we need is someone who would patiently listen to our problems, that solves half the problem already. This thought made us to come up with an opportunity for every law student who wants to talk about their problems. Here we are with an Essay Writing Competition.
GUIDELINES FOR THE COMPETITION:
- Talk about your academic background before joining law school. (10th and 12th, the marks obtained therein, any setbacks suffered etc.)
- Talk about your motivation to pursue law as a career.
- Talk about your experiences while preparing for competitive examinations like CLAT, AILET or any other examination; the role of coaching institutes and any other detail that you find relevant.
- Give out your opinion on the registration fees charged for these examinations.
- Talk about the issues you’ve faced at the law school, about experiences good or bad, about your curriculum and your thoughts on the same.
- Give out your opinion on the fees charged by the law schools, affordability of the courses, financial issues faced if any etc.
- If you’re a first-generation law student then talk about any issue peculiar to you. If you’re a graduate, write down the issues you’ve faced after law school in finding a job, choosing the right career path or anything you consider relevant.
- Finally give out your suggestions for solving all or any of the issue(s) that you’ve faced. This is going to be a formal way of writing your story, sharing your experiences and giving out some suggestions so that the aspiring lawyers or law students get some insightful information.
- Your participation will also help the academicians and administration in understanding students’ issues. It will also serve as the basis for our future endeavour named ‘Centre for First Generation Lawyers’, where we will come up with a mechanism to help such students by providing them with better opportunities.
Authors must conform to the following guidelines before submission–
- The essay should reflect original and unpublished work of the author. Descriptive pieces are discouraged. The authors should submit analytical work. Co-authorship upto two authors are allowed.
- Submissions should preferably contain hyperlinks within the text itself for citing the resources instead of footnotes. If hyperlinking the resources is not possible, the submission may contain Blue Book 20th Edition or any uniform citation style to cite authorities as endnotes.
- Authors should restricted their submissions between 1000-4000 words.
Note: The essays would be evaluated on the following broad parameters: Novelty/originality of the idea, articulation, structure, relevancy and authors’ insight.
PERKS OF PARTICIPATION:
The top ten essays that highlight real-time problems and provide feasible and proper solutions to the same will be awarded a book on Constitutional Law by V. N. Shukla. We believe in integrity, so please be genuine and honest, in the interest of everyone.
LAST DATE TO REGISTRATION:
INR 101 Through Gpay/phonepay/Paytm on 8688770152
LAST DATE OF SUBMISSION OF ESSAY:
DECLARATION OF RESULTS:
15 December, 2022 on LinkdIn, Instagram and website of Kshitizz NGO.