ABOUT DAMODARAM SANJIVAYYA NATIONAL LAW UNIVERSITY (DSNLU)
The Government of Andhra Pradesh established Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University (DSNLU) vide DSNLU Act, 2008 at Visakhapatnam to impart quality legal education. It is recognized u/s 2(f) of UGC Act, 1956 and the BCI. It has also been granted 12B status by the UGC. Its mission is to design and deliver legal education, promote academic achievements and excellence in legal research. The University offers 5 years integrated B.A.LL.B. (Hons.) and 1 year LL.M. (Constitutional Law, Criminal Law and Commercial Law). It also offers Doctoral and Post-Doctoral Degrees in Legal Studies.
DSNLU inaugurated the Legal Incubation Centre in 2018 that aims at developing entrepreneurship skills and advocacy skills among young lawyers and students. It acts as institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of professional skills required for budding lawyers and entrepreneurs. Few objectives of LIC are: To encourage and support startups in the field of law with interdisciplinary approach, To bridge the gap between theory and practice, To provide opportunities for experiential learning to students and young lawyers etc.,
About the Workshop
Modern society is currently evolving with the knowledge revolution combined with technological advancement. One such development can be found in Forensic Science that has catered to discover the realities by making a connection with science and law. Forensics is a branch of science that analyses the physical / material and documentary evidence. It is an integrative subject that consists of various branches such as Forensic Psychology, Cyber Forensics, DNA Fingerprinting, Forensic Odontology, Forensic Medicine, Questioned Documents, etc. Its use is exponentially increasing with the advent of technology as the mode and methods of commiting crimes and other wrongs is drastically changing. Forensic evidence also helps in linking criminal / civil law matters and aids law enforcement authorities to narrow the range of possible suspects and to set up patterns of crimes, used in identifying and prosecuting suspects. Thus, the objective of findings from the evidence and expert’s testimony play a vital role in concluding cases either civil or criminal in nature.
In turn, Forensic Science expertise has greatly benefited the Judicial System. Forensic Science has gained more approval with the increase in its admissibility in the recent judgments. The study on medical and forensic sciences with the help of technology has created awareness and admissibility since centuries. As scientific evidence in the administration of justice is indispensable, forensic science plays a vital role in criminal justice system by providing precise information through the analysis of physical evidence, identification of the culprit through personal clues like fingerprints, footprints, blood stains, hair etc.
The relevancy of forensic science is fundamental for lawyers, law students, scientists and judiciary in apprising its evidentiary value i.e., how courts consider a Forensic Expert’s testimony, to what extent, and the criteria for its admissibility etc. DSLIC aims to conduct this workshop by inviting experts from Investigation and Forensic Science Departments. Through this workshop, the experts will elucidate the importance of forensic science, challenges of scientific evidence and its related aspects.
Prof. Me’raj Ud Din Mir, Vice Chancellor Central University of Kashmir, Green Campus , Duderhama, Ganderbal.
Guest of Honour
Prof. (Dr.) B. T. Kaul, Advocate, Legal Expert and Academician Supreme Court of India.
- Dr. T.D. Dogra, Professor, SGT University “Forensic Medicine”.
- Dr. V.C. Mishra, Associate Professor, Forensic Science Amity University “Questioned Documents”.
- Dr. Dinesh Rao, Professor – Forensic Medicine Ex – Director and Chief Forensic Pathologist, “Autopsy Report and its Evidentiary Value”.
- Dr. Vimukti Chauhan, Assistant Director (Toxicology) CFSL, Chandigarh “Toxicology and Chemistry”.
- Dr. Rukmani Krishnamurthy, Chairperson and CEO, Helik Advisory Ltd. Mumbai “Importance of Crime Scene Management and Legal Issues”.
- Ms. Sunita Verma, Assistant Director and Scientist – C (Biology and DNA Division) CFSL, Chandigarh “Significance and Application of Forensic Biology in Crime Investigation”.
- Mr. Akhlesh Kumar, Assistant Director Physics / Digital Forensic Department CFSL, Chandigarh “Forensic Examination of Storage Media and Mobile Phones Challenges”.
- Dr. Sumit Kumar Choudhary, Assistant Professor, Rashtriya Raksha University “Firearms and Ballistics Forensics”.
- Mr. Manas Mishra, Forensic Document Examiner “Questioned Documents”.
- Mr. P. Vimaladitya, IPS, SP,CBI, ACB, Visakhapatnam “Investigation Challenges”.
FORENSIC SCIENCE AND ITS EVIDENTIARY VALUE – Two Day Online Workshop organized by DSLIC.
Event Date and Time
25th and 26th September, 2021, From 10:00AM – 04:30PM.
How to Apply
Registration is free. Click here to register for the workshop.
Faculty Convenor: Dr. Nandini C.P, Associate Professor of Law, DSNLU
Rachana – 7981101373
Surya Hemanth – 7993042418
Note: Participants who attend all the sessions are only eligible for E- Certificate.