Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad is organizing a One-Day National Seminar on Emerging Technological Trends in Cyber Law and Cyberspace Regulations on 8 April in collaboration with Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence- Data Security of India,
About SLS Hyderabad
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad which was established in the year 2014 is a constituent of Symbiosis International (Deemed University), Pune. The concept of ‘Symbiosis’ is the brainchild of Dr. S.B. Mujumdar [Chancellor Symbiosis International (Deemed University)] and is nurtured on the principles of the Vedic thought, “Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam” which means ‘The World is One Family’.
Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad was established inheriting splendid novelty, dynamism and excellence in the education of Symbiosis International University, Pune.
The Centre for Specialisation in Cyber Law Studies (CSCLS) is an in-house Centre established with the aim of educating, researching, and innovation the field of Cyber Law. The Centre intends to educate and spread awareness in Society by conducting various events and capsule courses.
About the National Seminar
Cyberspace is an ever-expanding arena of innovation and rapid technological development. The emergence of technological trends in cyber law and cyber security has secured momentum in the forms of digital currencies, machine learning & AI, quantum computing, Internet of Things (IoT), Augmented and Virtual Reality (AR/VR), metaverse, to name a few. These trends also bring their fair share of predicaments; from privacy breaches and regulatory concerns to state sponsored targeted attacks and many other related issues and challenges. This seminar aims to provide a platform to bring various stakeholders together to assess and discuss the current emerging technological trends in the field of cyber law and cyber security along with providing their unique insights through suggestions, predictions and recommendations arising out of these trends. The outcome of this Seminar, along with deliberation on the present issues, would also be to facilitate a healthy channel of discussion to bring about a positive change for the betterment of society.
About CCoE – DSCI – Knowledge Partner & Sponsor
Cybersecurity Centre of Excellence is a joint initiative of DSCI and the Government of Telangana. The CCoE endeavours to build sustainable cybersecurity and privacy industry by creating a conducive cybersecurity ecosystem that nurtures innovation, entrepreneurship, and capability building. The CCoE is a hive of activity for organizations, departments, entrepreneurs, professionals, and students engaged in this domain. The CCoE aims to provide secure and resilient cyberspace to fulfil the needs of the digital economy and society by creating a GLOCAL cluster of Cybersecurity organizations in Telangana. The CCoE fosters incubation, innovation, expertise, and collaboration in the twin areas of Cybersecurity and Privacy. DSCI is a not-for-profit company and is an industry body on data protection in India, set up by NASSCOM®, committed to making cyberspace safe, secure, and trusted by establishing best practices, standards, and initiatives in cyber security and privacy.
About TSARO Labs – Supported By
Founded in 2017, TSARO LABS Inc. (https://tsarolabs.com/) is a new-age IT Solutions company with operations in the Americas, The Middle East, and India. Their team delivers superior cybersecurity outcomes for all real-world organizations ranging from Fortune 100 to start-ups. They offer broad portfolio of advanced cyber security solutions to secure users, networks and endpoints against ransomware, malware, exploits, phishing and the wide range of other cyberattacks.
TSAROLabs initiative to establish Centre of Excellence (COE) helps in bridging all the security needs of the organization and accelerating cybersecurity momentum by putting across best practices, standards, and initiatives in cyber security and privacy.
The recent collaboration with Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad has accelerated the pace of COE initiatives that aims to build “SMART and SECURE ORGANIZATION, PEOPLE, PROCESS and ENVIRONMENT.” through Cyber security Services and Learning and Development Programs.
About Tempus Law Associates – Supported By
Tempus Law Associates (Tempus) is a multi-service law firm founded by Indian and New York licensed lawyers with several decades of experience in Indian and International legal matters. Based in Hyderabad, the firm’s experienced and dedicated lawyers strive to provide the finest legal solutions in a comprehensive, yet commercially viable approach. We endeavor to meet the client expectations for their business needs in various fields of law across diverse industry verticals through rich and varied industry knowledge and expertise.
Call for papers
Well-researched original Papers and case studies are invited from academics and scholars, researchers and students of multi-disciplinary.
Only one co-author is permitted. All papers shall be scrutinized through a blind review by the Editorial Board. All Papers shall be subjected to the anti-plagiarism software ‘TURNITIN’. Selected Papers will be published by the College.
The theme of the Seminar is: Emerging Technological Trends in Cyber Law and Cyberspace Regulations
Sub-Themes (Indicative, not exhaustive)
- Regulation of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in India,
- Cyber Developments through Meta-verse,
- Need for the prevention of Dark Web Activities,
- Protection of Digital Assets, cloud databases etc., and cyber security,
- New methods of imposing international taxation on e-commerce transactions,
- Regulation of e-Commerce Transactions and Innovative ways,
- Handling of Sensitive data: Corporate Responsibility,
- The legality of Blockchain Technology in Commercial transactions,
- International Cyber Conflicts,
- International Cybercrime Investigations problems faced in evidence collections,
- Privacy, Surveillance and Cyber-Terrorism,
- Intermediaries and Data Protection,
- Emerging Technological challenges in Cybercrime investigations In India,
- Adequacy of Cyber-security and Resilience system to tackle cybercrimes.
Papers can be submitted related to the main theme of the Seminar.
No certificate shall be issued in absentia and there shall be no refund of the registration fee at any stage.
Mode of Seminar
The National Seminar will be conducted offline at Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad.
- Well researched and high-quality papers are invited from all sections of society for presentation at the Seminar.
- The submission shall be accepted based on the preliminary review of the abstract by the Editorial Team.
- The organizers reserve the right to accept or reject papers based on relevancy, adherence to the theme, creativity, contribution to existing literature and on the adherence to the following guidelines.
- The submission must conform to the Bluebook citation format (20th/21st Edition). It must be in Times New Roman, size 12 for body and 10 for footnotes. The titles must be in font size 16, and sub-titles in font size 14, both in bold. There must be a line spacing of 1.5 and 1 for footnotes.
- The abstract has a word limit of a maximum of 300 words.
- The name of the author(s) should not be indicated anywhere in the manuscript itself.
- The submission must include within a declaration stating that the research work has not been submitted elsewhere for the award of any degree or for the purposes of publication.
The signature of the author(s) on the declaration is mandatory.
- Any material borrowed from other sources must be duly acknowledged and cited.
- The author would be held responsible for any plagiarism, if any, detected in the manuscript.
- The submission must conform to a 3000-to-4000-word limit, excluding footnotes.
Abstract Submission Link: https://forms.gle/VmedvjYgWbaRACN78
Once the Abstract is selected, participants will be sent a registration link via email.
Students or Scholars If the paper is being co-authored, it is allowed if only author chooses to present, the certificate for presentation shall be given to both the authors.
- : ₹1000 for the single author; ₹1500 for co-author.
- Professionals or Academicians or Research Scholars and Teachers: ₹1500 for the single author; ₹2000 for co-author.
- Internal Participants: ₹500 for the single author; ₹1000 for co-author.
Certificate for actual participation and presentation shall be issued after completion of the event and shall be mailed to the participants.
Note: If the paper is being co-authored, it is allowed if only one author chooses to present, the certificate for presentation shall be given to both the authors.
- Abstract Submission (maximum 300 words): 15th March 2023
- Notification of Selection of Abstract: 17th March 2023
- Last date for payment of fee: 30th March 2023
- Submission of completed papers: 4th April 2023
- Date of National Seminar: 8th April 2023
Winner of the Best Paper Presentation Award – . Rs. 2500/- (SLSH)+ Rs. 5000/- (TEMPUS) + Trophy + An internship at the Tempus Law Office, Hyderabad
Winner of the Best Paper Award – Rs. 2500/- (SLSH) + Rs. 5000/- (TEMPUS) + Trophy + An internship at the Tempus Law Office, Hyderabad
Best paper and Best presenter from each technical session on the day of seminar shall be given Certificate of Merit.
*Subject to changes at the discretion of the institution or the organising team.
E-mail ID: email@example.com
Student Convenor: Gayathri Viswan K: +91 6282 848 466
Student Co-Convener: Varsha Khowala: +91 98303 78852
BROCHURE: Click Here