The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU, Shimla), was established by the State Government in the year 2016, by an Act of the Legislature (Act 16 of 2016). Located in the geographical terrains of the Himalayas, HPNLU, Shimla.
CIPR is a newly established centre in the HPNLU family. The institution has strived to establish itself as the Nodal Center for Academics and Professionalism in legal education but is yet to specialise in Intellectual Property Rights.
About the Journal
The HPNLU Journal of Intellectual Property Rights (Volume 1) invites scholarly contributions through a call for papers for its maiden issue. The first volume of the Journal is scheduled to be published online in the month of December 2022.
The journal solicits scholarly contributions relating to legal cum theoretical developments in the field of Intellectual Property Rights.
Covering Letter: All submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter stating the title, author’s full name, University and year of study, and the author’s contact details. Only the cover letter should contain the above-mentioned details and not the manuscript.
- Submission must be in MS Word format only.
- Main Text: Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5 spacing justified, with a left margin of 1.5 inches and right 1.0 inch, top 1.0 inch and bottom 1.0 inch. The first line of the paragraph is not to be indented.
- Foot Notes- Times New Roman, font size 10, substantive footnotes are accepted.
- Citation Style: For Citation, refer the HPNLU-Shimla Citation Style only. Please click here for the citation style.
- Word Limit: The following word limit should be observed:
- Articles (≥5000 to <8000 words)
- Essays and Comments (≥3000 to <5000 words)
- Book Review(≥2500 to <3500 words)
- Lengthy Quotations are discouraged. Author(s) should avoid long quotations and keep them at a minimum wherever necessary with full and proper acknowledgment.
- Lengthy and multi-paragraphed footnotes are discouraged. The citations must mention the page(s) of the source and in cases where Court Judgments are referred to, the footnote should also mention the paragraph of the judgment in addition to the page number of the Reporter.
- Only authoritative websites may be cited. References to internet sources such as Wikipedia, blogs, commercial websites, etc., are not acceptable.
How to Submit?
Mode of Submission: Entries are to be sent at email@example.com latest by November 20, 2022 (11:59 pm)
The submission shall be accepted only through email, and the same need to be captioned as “Submission to HPNLU-JIPR <Title of Contribution>”.
- The submissions must be original and should not be under consideration in any other journal. Articles with plagiarism and copyright issues are liable to be rejected immediately.
- Co-authorship is allowed for up to two co-authors only.
- The manuscript should not contain any references to the identity of the authors.
- Submission of work to the Journal of Intellectual Property Laws is indicative of the fact that the authors grant exclusive permission to JIPR to publish and reproduce their work in all streams of media. Such right is subject to the doctrine of fair use as followed under the law relating to Intellectual Property Rights and subject to the entitlements of the author.
- The editors reserve the right to delete or edit any article or part thereof whose content is found to be offensive, defamatory, outrightly unethical, or if it is suggestive of racism, sexual or religious discrimination, illegal or terror activities, etc. The article is subjected to rejection if its content is likely to offend the religious or political sentiments of the reader.
- A process of peer review shall be used to scrutinize all the submissions. Following this, the authors of elected papers will be notified of the results.
November 20, 2022. Entries received after the mentioned date will be considered for the next issue.
In case of queries, write to Email- firstname.lastname@example.org or contact:
- Ms. Jayanti Singh Karki (Student Convener)+91 7488291523
- Mr. Shivam Singh (Co-Convener)+91 8707284562
- Mr. Kushagra Nigam (Co-Convener)+91 8447887304
BROCHURE: Click Here