About The Blue Letters
We are a digital knowledge platform. Throughout human history, one of the primary reasons for socio-economic disparity has been lack of accessibility, especially to knowledge. The law, complex social structures, and the intricate concepts of various social sciences often create confusion due to their complex terminology and the sheer volume of data.
This confusion, this gap between people and information is the place where most of society’s issues take root – be it corruption, class disparity, or other forms of discrimination.
This initiative is a small attempt from our side to bridge that gap. Our hope and objective is for a more inclusive and accessible future.
Who Can Apply
The Blue Letters is accepting the third batch of candidates from all educational backgrounds, provided that they are interested in, and capable of, writing socio-legal articles. The article would be interdisciplinary in nature, analysing aspects of various social sciences, law, or the interface of more than one of these subjects. We would request prospective candidates to visit our website once to get a better idea of our work.
Interested candidates are requested to send in their CV, a brief SOP of not more than 200 words, specifying the particular areas they would be interested in writing, and a sample of 1000-1200 words, which can either be published or unpublished (the candidates are requested to specify the same in either situation) at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The selected candidates would be expected to submit a minimum of 4 articles (1000-1200 words each) per month. Only the articles approved by our Editorial Board will be considered as having been submitted by the contributing authors. Any personal commitments shall be duly considered but the team must be informed in advance.
The initial term as a contributing author would be for 2 months from the date of commencement, or the submission of a minimum of 8 original and approved articles, whichever is completed first.
The last date to apply for the position of Contributing Author is 11:59 pm, June 4, 2021.
Perks For Contributing Authors
- Publication of all approved articles on our blog with due credit to the author.
- Certificate of Appreciation on the completion of the term.
- The term may be extended depending on the wishes and performance of the contributing author, and exceptional work may also give the contributing authors an opportunity to join the TBL team.
For queries regarding the application process or the available positions, please send an email to email@example.com.
- The article should be a non-plagiarized original work of the author; It should neither be published nor under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Co-authorship of articles is allowed (maximum – 2 authors).
- The content should be written in TIMES NEW ROMAN font with a size of 12 and line spacing is to be maintained at 1.5.
- We encourage the authors to use American English.
- All the relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text of the submission itself; and if the sources cannot be hyperlinked, the author(s) may use uniformly styled endnotes. We do not allow any other mode of citation.
- We prefer an article with 1000-1500 words (inclusive of endnotes, in any). Articles with more than 1600 words shall not be considered as a general rule, except under special circumstances subject to the sole discretion of the Editorial Board. In case the author(s) want(s) to roll out the content in multiple parts, the decision on the word limit shall be taken by the editorial board accordingly.
- The article must be submitted in a .doc/.docx format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The submission mail must contain a brief description of the author(s), besides the manuscript. The article must not in form contain any information regarding the author(s).
- In relation to all the disputes, the decision of the Editorial Board shall be final and binding.
For more details on Submission Guidelines, visit – https://theblueletters.com/
You may contact us at email@example.com