ABOUT HPNLU, SHIMLA:
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University, Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). In the four years of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance the academic potential of its faculty members, students and research scholars. Led by the visionary scholar of law, the Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the University has been very proactive despite the spread of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic and the ensuing lockdown, HPNLU, Shimla has been at the forefront of using digital platforms to raise awareness about issues as far spread as Fundamental Duties, Reproductive Rights of Women, Human Rights and Access to Justice etc.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR ADR AND PROFESSIONAL SKILLS:
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skills aims to promote the research in the field of dispute resolution mechanism in India. To find out the further concerns for research in ADR, it is necessary to analyze the existing structure and reasons for not being able to cater to the needs of emerging diversified disputes among persons and institutions. The Adjudicatory mechanism and win-loss conclusions, reached by traditional dispute resolution bodies, on several occasions, results into further intensifying the disagreements rather than resolving them forever. It is one of the biggest achievements that all forms of ADR, i.e., Arbitration, Mediation and Conciliation, do not leave the party aggrieved but satisfied. It is like a win-win situation for both parties. ADR successfully bridge the gap left by traditional adjudicatory institutions.
ABOUT THE NEWSLETTER:
To carry forward the objectives of the Centre, the Centre decided to start quarterly e-Newsletter which primary aim is to catalyse the awareness about alternative dispute resolution and to foster ADR culture with the participation of students in research avenues. The e-newsletter will also disseminate knowledge relating to the current affairs and legal news in the field of ADR. The e-Newsletter will have 5 sections and intends to include articles and case comments from students, experts, academicians and reputed legal professionals practising in the field of ADR.
- The Article/Essay should be written around the theme “Future of ADR In India”. The author can write either FOR or AGAINST THE MOTION. Only TWO best Article/Essay will be selected.
- The Case Comment should deal with a relevant and recent judgement (after January 2018) concerning Alternate Dispute Resolution, at both national as well as international level and must provide the author’s take on the issue, explaining the legal background succinctly and clearly. Only ONE best Case Comment will be selected for publication.
All the submissions must follow these guidelines: –
• Articles/Essays: 2000 – 3000 Words. Articles should be confined to the topic above mentioned.
• Case Comment: 1500 – 2500 Words.
• The word limit is inclusive of footnotes and is flexible at the discretion of the Editorial Board.
• Co-authorship is allowed up to a maximum of 2 authors only.
• The main submission must not contain the credentials of the author(s) or the name of their institution. A separate cover letter containing the specifications of the author(s) must be attached to the e-mail. The Article must be submitted in the .doc/.docx file only.
• The submissions must be original works and should not have been published elsewhere.
• All submissions are subject to a plagiarism check if the work is found to be plagiarized the submission will be rejected. Minimum plagiarism allowed 15%.
FORMATTING AND CITATION STYLE
The submission should be free from all grammatical & spelling errors.
The content of the submission must be in the Times New Roman font with the font size 12, line spacing 1.5, and the text should be justified.
The Bluebook Uniform System of Citation (20th edition) shall be strictly adhered to. The footnotes shall be in Times New Roman font, the font size 10 and line spacing of 1.0.
MODE OF SUBMISSIONS
All submissions must be made in the electronic form to cadr[at]hpnlu.ac.in under the subject heading “Submission: Article/Essay/Case-Comment, e-Newsletter” latest by 20th January of 2021 (11:59 PM).
Upon the selections, author(s) will be notified by e-mail and the CERTIFICATE OF PUBLICATION for the same will be provided to all the selected author(s) after the publication of the newsletter.
For any queries or clarifications, write to us at “firstname.lastname@example.org” or contact:
• Mr. Bhanu Pratap (Student Coordinator): +91-6375500415, email@example.com
• Mr. Subham Saurabh (Student Coordinator): +91-7355190904, firstname.lastname@example.org
BROCHURE : Click Here