About the Organisation
Adhyayan Foundation For Policy And Research
Adhyayan Foundation for Policy & Research (AFPR) is an independent non-profit, research and educational organization dedicated to producing quality research to help in the formulation, assessment, and implementation of public policies. We aim at covering a wide range of issues that are of significance to this country from economy to administrative efficiency and from legal lacunas to international affairs. We strive towards bridging the gap in policymaking for the wholesome growth and development of our country.
About the Opportunity
The Democratic Line
Published from Lucknow, The Democratic Line is a monthly journal issued under the name of AFPR, a policy think tank (registration- NPC [section 8] Companies Act)
The distinctive feature of The Democratic Line is to bring together the academicians, researchers, policymakers, lawyers, experts and activists coming from different fields to debate and discuss various social science disciplines (Political Studies, Legal Studies, Economic Studies, International Relations) and bring in a unique platform for both knowledge and opportunity.
Adhyayan Foundation invites applications from the motivated students across India to take advantage of this learning opportunity by joining the Student Editorial Board or the Content Team for its monthly publication “The Democratic Line” to ensure engaging, thought-provoking, original and contemporary publications.
- Student Editor: 3 positions. The position is for a 3+3 month, total 6 months period, which shall continue for the second phase of 3 months on the basis of performance of the student.
- Contributing Author for The Democratic Line: 3 positions. The position is for a 3+3 months, a total of 6 months period, which shall continue for the second phase of 3 months on the basis of performance of the student
About the Vacancies
3rd Year onwards for students pursuing a 5-Year integrated law degree enrolled in any BCI approved college/institution and 2nd Year onward for students pursuing a 3-Year law degree enrolled in any BCI approved college/institution.
- Preference will be given to candidates who are pursuing either law or social science.
- The applicant must possess a strong command of the English language.
- The applicant must have strong research and analysis skills.
- Awareness about contemporary laws and policies, and a general grasp on current affairs will be valuable.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducting preliminary review on a submitted piece.
- Sending conditional acceptance and feedback after consultation with Senior Student Editors.
- Coordinating with the authors of submitted pieces on a regular basis until final publication.
- Handling queries submitted by authors/students regarding publications.
- Basic editing of articles, case commentaries, essays, news articles and other miscellaneous editorial tasks.
- Submitting two articles each month.
- Assistance with topic-selection, editing, etc.
(All credit shall duly be given to the contributor)
For Student Editor
After successfully serving as the Student Editor for a specified time, the student shall be awarded a Certificate of Acknowledgement/Appreciation signed by a designated professional within the Advisory and Editorial Board of the organisation.
For Contributing Author
After successfully serving as the Contributing Author for a specified time, the student shall be awarded a Certificate of Appreciation at the end of the stipulated duration signed by a designated professional.
For Student Editor
Interested students can submit their applications by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a mail body, attaching an updated CV and a recently written article, with the subject head “Application for Student Editor.”
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and will be asked to edit a sample piece within a deadline based on which the final results will be declared.
For Contributing Authors
For the position of Contributing Author: Send us your CV and a written sample of your work (preferably related to a contemporary legal or policy issue.) at thedemocraticline[at]gmail.com. with the subject head “Application for Contributing Authors”
Candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their submitted sample and will subsequently be contacted for a basic interview call. For any other queries, feel free to reach out to us on the aforementioned email ID.
- Timings shall be flexible.
- All positions are unpaid.
- All work is remote
Last Date to Apply – 23:59 hrs, 15th December, 2021