Call for Chapters: Book on Environmental Law
With the zeal to make the citizens aware of the indispensable need for the protection of the environment, and its sustainability to ensure their own survival in real terms, the authors/editors of the book titled “Only One Earth: Environmental Issues and Challenges” are calling for chapters for the publication in their esteemed book.
About the Book
The book which will be published by the Satyam Law International intends to provide comprehensive and in-depth knowledge on the subject of environmental law. It includes the latest legislative framework and judicial pronouncements embarking upon judicial activism. It highlights a cross-border jurisdictional analysis of the practices adopted for safeguarding the environment. It further elaborates upon the international conventions in the area of environmental law.
About the Editor-in-chief
Prof. Anuradha Jain, Principal, Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies– Technical Campus, is a staunch academician with the perfect blend of interest in curricular and co-curricular activities. An alumnus of IIM Kolkata and a scholar from the University of Bombay, she has been dedicated to the teaching community for over 22 years. Prof. Jain is an Economist with areas of interest in International Trade and International Business. With an endeavour to achieve excellence in the field of education and academics she has made many significant contributions in diverse capacities. Prof. Jain has numerous research papers to her credit in diverse areas and has been chairing expert sessions at various national and international conferences. She has to her credit research articles published in ABDC, Scopus, and UGC Care listed journals. Her two patents are published and one granted in the Indian Patent Office Journal.
She is on the panel as an expert in Economics for the selection board of various State Public Service Commissions and also has experience in assessing and accrediting educational institutions. She has also visited various colleges as UGC Expert team for autonomous status and deemed to be University status. Prof. Jain is a NAAC Assessor and has visited many colleges as a NAAC peer team member.
About the Author(s)/Editor(s)
Ms. Purnima Gupta, Senior Assistant Professor, Department of Law, Maharaja Agrasen Institute of Management Studies affiliated with GGSIPU. Her areas are Family Law, Women and Law, and Business Law. She is NET qualified and also cleared her DJS in 2008 and had been a university topper throughout. Additionally, the Model United Nations at the International level was her brainchild. She is a Nature lover and handles the Legal Services Clinic, Moot courts etc. with utmost efficiency. She has authored numerous research papers and taken part in a number of conferences.
Ms. Lovleen Sharma, Assistant Professor, Department of Law (VSLLS), Vivekananda Institute of Professional Studies affiliated with GGSIPU. Her teaching areas are Law of Evidence, Law of Crimes and Family Law. She graduated in Law from Law Centre I, Delhi University and thereafter pursued LLM from Indian Law Institute in the field of Criminal Laws and Corporate Laws. She is UGC- NET Qualified. Her area of research includes Criminal law and Evidence. She writes extensively on the latest areas of law like Psychological Autopsy, Sanitation laws, Marital Rape Exemption, Traditional Knowledge etc.
Submissions are welcomed from academicians, practitioners, legal scholars, environmentalists and students. Co-authorship is limited to a maximum of three authors.
The call for chapters is being sought on “Contemporary Law on Environmental Issues”.
- Language: All manuscripts should be prepared in English only.
- Font: The font should be 12-point Times New Roman. Though some agents and editors may prefer different serif or sans serif fonts like Arial or Courier New, Times New Roman with a 12-point font size is the industry standard.
- Word Limit: Manuscripts including tables, figures, and references should be around 6000 to 7000 words along with an abstract, not more than 300 words.
- Plagiarism: Chapter should be an original and unpublished contribution. The threshold for plagiarism is 10 percent. The plagiarism report has to be submitted along with the manuscript.
- Margins: Pages should include one-inch margins on all sides (top, bottom, left, and right margins should all be uniform).
- Indentations: For the first line of a new paragraph, the author should indent a half-inch. For most word processors, you can do this by hitting the tab key once.
- Line spacing: All lines should be double spaced. Do not add an extra space between paragraphs.
- Alignment: Words should be justified.
- Page numbers: Page numbers begin with the number one and are numbered continuously, starting with the first new page after the title page.
- Citation format: There should be footnotes using the Bluebook (20th ed) citation format and no end notes.
- All submissions must reach electronically and in Microsoft Word format (.doc/.docx).
- All submissions must be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line beginning with “Online Submission” and including the author’s name.
- In addition to the manuscript, the body of the email must contain short biographical information of the author(s) including the name of the institution that they are affiliated with.
- The article/ research paper once submitted to this edited book should not be resubmitted simultaneously to other journals elsewhere for consideration.
Processing Charges (To be paid after acceptance)
Charges will be ₹1000 for every individual.
Paytm No.: 9811700350 (Ms. Lovleen Sharma)
Date of submission of abstract: August 01, 2022
Intimation of acceptance: August 05, 2022
Final chapter submission: August 20, 2022
In case of any queries, please feel free to contact at 9810041068/9811700350