About the Opportunity
The International Law and Policy Society (ILPS), an academic society of the National Law University, Odisha (NLUO) is calling for submissions for their Blog.
International Law and Policy Society (ILPS) is a student-run, research society of NLUO. ILPS has been established to provide through research, working papers, publications, seminars, conferences, projects and engagement, a platform for intellectual dialogue on contemporary issues of international law and foreign policy. Emphasis of this society is on private and public international law, international affairs and foreign policies of different nations. The society aims to engage with various stakeholders such as scholars, universities, policymakers, think tanks and intergovernmental organizations.
The International Law and Policy Society (ILPS) at NLUO is dedicated to fostering a deeper understanding of international law and its impact on global affairs. Pursuant to its research mandate, ILPS started The International Law and Policy Society Blog in October 2019.
Our blog serves as a platform for individuals with a passion for international law to contribute to the discourse and engage with a diverse readership.
- Submissions for the blog shall be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- The submission must be an original work of the author, between 1000-1500 words. However, flexibility is allowed if the content so requires and the quality is maintained.
- ILPS welcomes submissions which address current issues in the relevant practice area. Submissions can be editorial commentary or candid views of the author. We discourage posts that merely summarise cases or discuss basic aspects. We prefer that that submissions include critical analysis or explore particular themes of wider resonance.
- Original research: The blog values originality of content over everything, it is against our editorial policy to publish content that is plagiarised. The maximum limit for the similarity index will be 15%. Submissions exceeding the index will not be considered.
- Authors may be asked to make edits based on the suggestions of the Editorial Board.
- All relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked in the text. In keeping with the informal style of the blog, we ask that you do not use footnotes or endnotes
- The authors are encouraged to provide a relevant photograph regarding the subject matter of the article.
- Manuscripts must be submitted in a MS-Word document to the Editorial email ID i.e., email@example.com
- The authors shall receive an acknowledgment of the receipt of the article by the Editorial Board. The Board shall try its best to update the authors within 10 days from the day of acknowledgment.
- The Content must be written in Times New Roman in font size 12 with a line spacing of 1.5.
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for blog publication, the same must not be published on any other platform.
Click here for more details.
Co- Convenor, Editor-in-Chief,
International Law and Policy Society, NLUO