About Law column
Law column is a student run legal web portal for law students, lawyers, academicians, professionals and any person interested to gain legal knowledge. Law column provides law school notes, latest legal news, latest judgments, informative legal blogs, study material for law exams, guidance for law exams, interviews of prominent personalities , career advice, information about legal opportunities
Law column provides a platform for legal minds to showcase their writing skills and contribute to the legal fraternity through their opinions and ideas.
Blogs focusing on any contemporary issue relating to field of law or of having academic importance will be accepted.
No fee will be asked at any stage of publication. One can submit any number of blogs.
There are no last dates for submission as we are accepting the blogs on rolling basis.
- Upon successful publication of the blog, author can request for the issue of e-certificate of publication through mail. ( no fee will be collected )
- Selected authors will be given an opportunity for Internship at Lawcolumn
- The submission should be an original, unpublished work of the author and not under consideration for publication else where (either of online or offline)
- Maximum of 2 co-authorship is permitted
- Articles that are plagiarized beyond 30% will not be considered.
- The Blog post should be a minimum of 1500 words (there is no maximum word limit. All relevant points considering the topic should be covered).
- The blog post should meet professional standards and be of publishable quality.
- The blogs should be in simple language and should not be too technical for a reader to understand.
- Try to include illustrations and relevant case laws wherever required.
- Articles should be well structured. Don’t use long paragraphs. Use headings and sub-headings.
- Use bullet points as the concept presented as points is easier to understand.
- Relevant sources must be duly acknowledged and hyperlinked.
- Author may upload a photograph related to the topic which will be used as a thumbnail image of the blog.
How to Submit the blog
You can submit your articles through the following link https://www.lawcolumn.in/submit-post/ (Authors are required to register on the site before submitting blogs.)
After submitting your article on the website, authors have to send us the plagiarism report of your submitted article on mail ( firstname.lastname@example.org ) and also inform us of the next topic on which you will work. This will help us to publish your blogs quickly. Plagiarism should be less than the prescribed value. You can generate plagiarism report for free from https://www.duplichecker.com/ Or from https://smallseotools.com/plagiarism-checker/ (However we may recheck the submissions for plagiarism and such report generated by us will be preferred to the reports submitted by the authors)
Authors are requested to give a written declaration that the articles submitted are original pieces of work and has not been plagiarized nor has been published or is in consideration for publishing in any other place. (should be sent on mail along with the plagiarism reports)
Note: The Process of reviewing the article will not be started until the receipt of the above said Author’s Declaration. It will take around 2-4 working days for the successful publication of the blog.
For any queries or assistance in submission of blogs please write us at
Mail: thelawcolumn[at]gmail.com or