GNLU is organizing their 5th Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2023 on Air & Space Law through The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL).
About Gujarat National Law University (GNLU)
The Gujarat National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University established under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003 in the state of Gujarat.
VSMCASL was established in 2019 to engage, in various ways, in shaping the emerging discourse in the field of Air and Space Law.
The vision of the Centre is to engage in improving the existing legal and policy framework for the facilitation and regulation of safe, secure, affordable and sustainable aviation and to contribute to the shaping of the legal foundation for the future of humanity that lies in space.
About Prof. V.S. Mani
Prof. (Dr.) V. S. Mani was an Indian legal scholar. He was the founder and Director of Gujarat National Law University and an expert in the field of public international law.
He did his M. A. in Political Science, Public Administration, & International Law and held a degree of Ph. D. in International Law from JNU, New Delhi.
He was also the recipient of three distinguished scholarships and fellowships i.e., Orissa Govt. Doctoral Scholarship 1966-69; Rockefeller Foundation Special Overseas Fellow at British Institute of International & Comparative Law (BIICL), London 1969-70 and British Institute of International and Comparative Law support for attendance at Summer Course at The Hague Academy of International Law, 1970.
To know more about VSMCASL, click here.
About the GNLU Essay Competition
The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL), Gujarat National Law University along with the support of the generous grant from Prof. Stephan Hobe, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany is launching their 5th Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2023.
The GNLU Essay Competition is an endeavour to commemorate the inspiring contribution of Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani in the field of international law, particularly air and space law.
- Submissions shall be made in the online mode only.
- Submissions shall be in English.
- Submissions need to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- Topic once registered shall not be changed.
- Co-authorship is permitted up to a maximum of two authors.
- Name, affiliation of author/co-author shall be attached separately in mail while submission and not in any manner as part of essay. Any identification mark (in any form) in the essay shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Word limit: Min 4000 to Max 6000 words (excluding references). Submission below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: OSCOLA (4th Edition).
- Font: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Submit your text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Essays submitted shall neither be published previously nor be under consideration for publication.
- Selection will be done through two-tier blind review. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: depth of analysis, cogency of arguments, structure, feasibility of suggestions, language and references in support.
- By way of submission, authors of the essays which are awarded prize money and certificates of merit, agree that Copyright therein shall vest in VSMCASL.
The essay should focus on any contemporary issue of ‘Air and Space Law’.
To encourage and provide an opportunity for research to the students having a passion for Air and Space Law.
Eligibility and Registration
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling out the online form.
Click on the link given at the end of this post to register for the essay competition.
All submissions are to be electronically mailed only to firstname.lastname@example.org.
November 20, 2023.
- 1st Prize: ₹ 11,000/-
- 2nd Prize: ₹ 10,000/-
- 3rd Prize: ₹ 9,000/-
- 1st Consolation Prize: ₹ 3,000/-
- 2nd Consolation Prize: ₹ 2,000/-
- All the participants who successfully submit the essay before 20 November 2023 shall be eligible to receive an e-Certificate of Appreciation.
Kindly e-mail queries, if any, to email@example.com.
Click here to view the brochure.