GNLU V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law announces the 4th V.S. Mani Essay Writing Competition!!
About the Essay Competition
The V.S. Mani Centre for Air and Space Law (VSMCASL), Gujarat National Law University along with the support of the generous grant from Prof. Stephan Hobe, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany launches the 4th Prof. V.S. Mani Memorial National Essay Competition 2022.
The Essay Competition is an endeavour to commemorate the inspiring contribution of Prof. (Dr.) V.S. Mani in the field of international law, particularly air and space law.
- Submissions shall be made in the online mode only.
- Submissions shall be in English.
- Submissions need to be original. Plagiarism shall result in disqualification.
- The topic once registered shall not be changed.
- Co-authorship is permitted for up to a maximum of two authors.
- A cover page with the title of the Essay, name and affiliation of the author/co-authors shall be attached.
- Any identification mark (in any form) in the essay shall lead to disqualification.
- Multiple or incomplete submissions shall not be considered.
- Word limit: 4000 – 6000 words (excluding references). Submission below or above the word limit shall not be considered.
- Citation style: OSCOLA. (4th Edition)
- Font: Times New Roman; Font size-12; Spacing- 1.5.
- Any contribution received after the last date shall not be considered.
- Submit text as a Microsoft Word document (.doc or .docx).
- Selection will be done through a two-tier blind review. The decision of the Selection Committee shall be final.
- Essays will be evaluated on the following criteria: depth of analysis, cogency of arguments, structure, the feasibility of suggestions, language and references in support.
- By way of submission, authors of the essays which are awarded prize money and certificates of merit, agree that Copyright therein shall vest in VSMCASL.
- The submission shall not be under consideration for any publication.
The essay should focus on any contemporary issue of ‘Air and Space Law’.
To encourage and provide opportunities for research to the students having a passion for Air and Space Law.
Eligibility and Registration
The competition is open to students pursuing UG/PG (Law) in India. The students shall register by filling out the online form.
All submissions are to be electronically mailed only to email@example.com.
Submission Deadline: August 31, 2022.
- 1st Prize: ₹ 11,000/-
- 2nd Prize: ₹ 10,000/-
- 3rd Prize: ₹ 9,000/-
- 1st Consolation Prize: ₹ 3,000/-
- 2nd Consolation Prize: ₹ 2,000/-
- All the participants who successfully submit the essay before 31st August 2022 shall be eligible to receive an e-Certificate of Appreciation.
Date of the Award: During the 7th Edition of GNLU Air and Space Law Academy (GASLA) 2022.
Contact Information: Kindly e-mail queries, if any, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Prof. (Dr.) Stephan Hobe
Director, Institute of Air Law, Space Law and Cyber Law, University of Cologne, Germany
V.S. Mani Centre for Air & Space Law (VMCASL), Gujarat National Law University, Gujarat, India
Dr. Divya Tyagi, Mr. Shrey Kapoor
Kindly e-mail queries, if any, to email@example.com