About the organizer/college/university
IMS Law College, Noida which was established in 2004, is the first Law College in Gautam Buddha Nagar to have started B.A., LL.B. 5-year degree programme. The College is known for its academic excellence and value-added education. It caters 5-year law degree courses like B.A., LL.B., B.Com. LL.B. and LL.B. 3-year degree courses to the aspirants to be competent legal professionals. It imparts world-class education in the discipline of law.
Besides, its parent body, IMS-Noida has also collaborations with several Universities overseas and seeks to imbibe a global mindset into its students. Most importantly, there is also a strong focus on research and IMS encourages its faculty and students to undertake consultancy projects with corporate. In order to explore the various dimensions of English language and Literature, IMS Language and Literature club was constituted in 2019. Since then, it has been organizing various national and international webinars to benefit the research scholars and academicians apart from the students of literature.
Details about the event
Online National Judgment Writing Competition -2023
RULES AND REGULATIONS FOR
4th ONLINE JUDGMENT WRITING COMPETITION 2023
Guidelines and Essential information for the Online Judgment Writing Competition:
- The event shall be an online event.
- The participants must register individually. The registration shall be done by filling a Google form.
- The participants who register for the event shall be provided with a Unique Registration Code which shall be used for all further communication and submission of the write-up.
- The participants shall not disclose their identity in any form. IMS Law College, Noida shall communicate the assigned code on the mail id mentioned by the participants after the completion of the registration process.
- Registration Fee: Rs. 500/ per participant. Please note that it is mandatory to attach a scanned copy of the transaction ID or a screenshot of the same [The file shall be attached with the details in the Google form].
- Word Limit: Minimum- 1500 words (excluding footnotes); Maximum- 3000 words (excluding footnotes).
- Format requirements:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- Line-Spacing: 1.5
- The write-ups shall have no plagiarism and should be the original work of the participants.
- The write-up must be submitted in both Microsoft Word and PDF format.
- The write-up must be mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and mark a copy in cc email@example.com with the subject ‘Judgment Writing Competition- URN ‘….…..’.
- The participants must follow the latest Edition of Blue Book Citation.
- Last Date for Registration: February 10, 2023
- Last Date for Submission of the judgment: 25 February, 2023 (1500 hrs)
- Result announcement : 1 March 2023
- The results shall be declared through online mode and intimation shall be made to the prize winners through their mentioned mail-id.
- The results shall be solely on the discretion of the organizers.
- Marking Criteria:
|Arrangement of Facts
|Knowledge and Use of Legal Principles
|Format and Language
|Style of Writing
- REGISTRATION FEE : INR 500/ per participant
Bank Details for the payment of the registration fees:
Name of the Account Holder: IMS Law College, Noida
Account Number: 9170200057451647
Bank: Axis Bank Branch: Sec 2, Noida
First Prize – Rs 2500/- (Two thousand and five hundred rupees only)
Second Prize – Rs 1500/- (One thousand and five hundred rupees only)
Certificates of participation will be given away to all the Participants.
For any further queries, whatsApp:
Prof. Anandita Gaur (+91-9990217090) or
Prof. Govind Prasad Goyal (+91-9971129012).
- Please click the below given link for your registration: https://forms.gle/KuvA1qMLHgxySA5B9
- The decision of judges would be final and binding on all the participants of the 4th Judgment Writing Competition 2023.
- Please find below the Case Data for your reference:
- The Union of Happysthan is a Democratic Republic having second largest population in the world. It is a developing country having a lot of diversity in terms of language, religion and culture.
- The Constitution of Union of Happysthan guarantees freedom of religion and freedom of speech and expression to all its citizens. These rights are considered as fundamental rights in this country.
- With the rapid increase in technology and people’s interest in web series, a lot of audience is now shifting towards (Over the top Platforms) OTTs for their entertainment more than cinemas in theatres.
- OTTs are digital platforms which usually do not go through censuring by the Government of Happysthan unlike the movies in Cinemas. However, there are certain self-regulatory codes and governmental regulations which they need to follow in order to operate.
- ‘Blissprise Prime’ platform which is an OTT, broadcasted on 10.03.2022 a web- series named ‘Naach’. This web series is being shown as paid movie.
- In some of the scenes in the movie, one of the Actors impersonated as Lord S who is a prominent god of religion namely ‘Dhamma’. In the course of his role, he made dialogues like:
“What to do? Should I upload a new picture? Paavum, you are very innocent, do something new, In fact tweet something new, something sensational, some flaming blaze, like (Thinking) yes.”
- Several FIRs have been filed against the legal head of Blissprise Prime Shaparna Purohit under several sections which are similar to 153-A, 295, 505(1) b, 505(2) and 469 of HPC 1860 (“HPC”) and under few sections which are similar to Sections 66, 66F and 67 of the Information Technology Act, 2000 of Happysthan. These FIRs were filed at Crossroad Station in the state of Sarvottam Pradesh which is a state in Happysthan.
- The FIRs were filed because they violated right to religion and peace and harmony of the nation.
- The Lower courts of Happysthan rejected bail applications of Shaparna Purohit.
- She approached the Supreme Court of Happysthan through a writ petition.
NOTE: All the laws of Union of Happysthan are in pari materia with those of Union of India.