2nd National PIL Drafting & Pleading Competition, 2023.
The IDIA Bihar Chapter in collaboration with JSA and Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan pleased to announce the Second Edition of the National PIL Drafting & Pleading Competition, 2023.
ABOUT THE ORGANISERS:
IDIA Bihar Chapter is a vital arm of the Increasing Diversity By Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) movement, runs on the backbone of highly passionate student volunteers from Chanakya National Law University, Patna. Operating in the state of Bihar, the chapter is committed to identifying underprivileged and marginalised students with a passion for law and empowering them through intensive training for law entrance exams.
The National PIL Drafting & Pleading Competition is IDIA Bihar Chapter’s annual flagship fundraiser. Our fundraising competition aims to provide aspiring legal minds with a hands-on experience in understanding the practical dynamics of Public Interest Litigation (PIL) while simultaneously making a meaningful contribution to the education of underprivileged students.
Please find enclosed the Brochure of the 2nd National PIL Drafting and Pleading Competition, 2023.
FORMAT OF THE COMPETITION
- Out of all the submissions received, the top sixteen (16) teams with the highest PIL draft score will be selected for the Oral Rounds. The Oral Rounds will be conducted in three stages:
- The Qualifying Oral Round
- The Semi-Final Oral Round
- The Final Oral Round
- Out of the sixteen (16) teams making submissions in the Qualifying Oral Round, the top four (4) with the highest speaking score shall proceed to the Semi-Final Oral Round.
- The Semi-Final Oral Round will be a knock-out round and the two winning teams in each room shall proceed to the Final Oral Round.
- In the Qualifying Oral Round, each team will be given 15 mins, whereas in the Semi-Final and Final Oral Round each teams will have 30 minutes to make oral submissions on the basis of the PIL draft submitted.
PERKS AND PRIZES
- The team with the highest speaking score in the Final Oral Round will be declared the Winner and shall be eligible for an internship opportunity at JSA Advocates and Solicitors.
- The Runner-up team in the Final Oral Round shall be eligible for an internship opportunity at Lakshmikumaran & Sridharan Attorneys.
- Certificate of Excellence for the teams proceeding for the Semi-Final and Final Oral Rounds.
- Best PIL Draft award will be presented to the team with the highest PIL draft score along with an opportunity to get their PIL published on SCC Online.
- Best Speaker Award will be presented to the individual with the highest speaking
- score in the Qualifying Oral Round.
- Certificate of Merit for all the sixteen (16) teams qualifying for the Oral Rounds.
- Certificate of Participation for all the participating teams.
The participating teams are required to examine any real life issue in relation to the given themes:
– Environmental Justice;
– Access to Justice for Marginalized Communities;
– Gender Justice;
– Indigenous Rights and Tribal Welfare; and
– Right to Education.
These themes are only suggestive, the participants are allowed to select a topic other than the above-mentioned suggestive themes. In that case, the topic must relate to a contemporary issue.
- Registration Opens: September 30th, 2023
- Last Date of Registration: September 26th, 2023
- Last Date of PIL Submission: October 6, 2023
- Qualifying Oral Round: October 14, 2023
- Semi-Final and Final Oral Round: October 15, 2023
- The participating teams should complete the Registration Form available at this link: https://forms.gle/krQfu3D2aeFNa8x48
- Minimum Contribution:
- Single Participation: ₹400/-
- Participation in a team of two: ₹600/-
- Participants are expected to follow the provided payment instructions.
- Participants should attach a screenshot of the payment within the registration form.
- Upon successful registration, each participant or team will receive a unique team code for future reference.
- The deadline for registration is September 26, 2023.
- The competition shall be open for the students currently pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in law i.e. 3 year LL.B. course or 5 year LL.B. course from any recognized university/college in India.
- There is no restriction on the number of entries from any college or university.
- Cross teams would be allowed for participation.
- “Individual Participation” as well as “Participation in a team of two” is allowed.
- Saurabh Kumar (Team Leader): +91 91171 95176
- Shubh Gautam (Deputy Team Leader): +91 85071 30175
- Saurabh Agrawal (Deputy Team Leader): +91 79992 58213
For know more about the 2nd National PIL Drafting & Pleading Competition access the brochure Click Here