The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU), Shimla was established by an Act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (Act 16 of 2016). In the six years of its foundation, HPNLU, Shimla has seen tremendous growth and has undertaken a good number of innovative measures to enhance its academic potential. Led by the visionary scholar of law, the Vice-Chancellor Professor (Dr.) Nishtha Jaswal, the University has been very proactive in organizing a series of events encompassing a wide spectrum of socio-legal issues.
ABOUT THE CENTRE FOR ADR & PROFESSIONAL SKILLS
The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution and Professional Skills primarily aims to promote research in the field of dispute resolution mechanisms in India. The Centre aims to provide a platform for interaction between professionals in the field and the students. In pursuance of its goal of conditioning the law students to efficiently resolve disputes and after witnessing tremendous success in the first edition, the Centre is intending to continue it as a flagship event of HPNLU, Shimla.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Second National Mediation Competition is the second edition of the flagship event. After witnessing a great response and appreciation from the participants across 32 premier law colleges and assessors across the globe, this event is yet another step taken by the Centre for ADR and Professional Skills, HPNLU, Shimla towards acting as facilitator in increasing the Mediation among aspiring students. In the milieu of the backlog of cases reaching its saturation, Alternative Dispute Resolution such as Mediation and Negotiation provide an amicable way out.
- Provisional registration will be opened for all eligible institutes from which thirty-two teams will be selected for the competition.
- The provisional registration is to be done by the respective institutions officially. Each institution can reserve a maximum of two slots in the provisional registration.
- Selection will be based on the screening process of each team individually. The institutes must complete the “Provisional Registration” only through the Google Form link annexed below, on or before 18th August 2022.
LINK FOR REGISTRATION: CLICK HERE
- The final list of teams (along with the waiting team list) will be released by 20th August 2022.
- The “Final Registration” shall be completed only when the participants pay the registration fees, which shall be done on or before 25th August 2022.
- Final registration details will be released to participants individually via e-mail only after completing the provisional registration process.
- Registration Amount – Rs. 3000/- per team.
For more details regarding the guidelines of this Competition, please refer to the Brochure attached.
In case of further queries, please feel free to reach out to us on email@example.com or you may contact the organizing committee.
BROCHURE: Click Here