AcIn was conceptualized in 2021 with an aim to:
1. Empower individuals to establish better dispute resolution mechanisms;
2. Utilise existing techniques in dispute resolution in a more productive way and create new techniques in the area;
3. Create a pan India network of professionals, academicians, judges, bureaucrats, and students working in the area of conflict resolution and restorative justice &
4. Synergise the working of alternate dispute resolution mechanisms with courts and the government for faster and optimal results
Accords International in collaboration with DCPT, USA is organizing a 2 days event on Restorative Justice in India.
ABOUT DCPT, USA
DC Peace Team, USA: DC Peace Team works towards the mission of empowering ordinary civilians to become nonviolent people so we can better resist injustice, and thus, build a more sustainable just peace. It lives this mission by deploying unarmed civilian protection units, providing training in key nonviolent skills, facilitating restorative circles, and advocating for change.
The workshop will address the diversity (religion, race, caste, sex, etc.) in India and the inequities and discriminations which entail because of these diversities. Anyone is welcome to join from around the world.
1) Be introduced to restorative justice philosophy, foundation, and practice.
2) Explore the power of restorative justice in activating community values.
3) Reflect on their own bias, identity, power, privilege, and prejudice.
4) Develop nonviolent strategies for challenging systemic oppression in day-to-day interactions.
Join us in the second chapter of RJ in India by DCPT. It is dedicated to Intro to Restorative Justice in India: Creating Pathways towards Restoration.
You can join even if you have not attended chapter. one on July 16.
Date: July 23, 2022
Time: Time: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm IST | 8:00 am – 11:00 am EST