ABOUT SGT UNIVERSITY
SGT University is nationally renowned for its leadership in Medical and Health Sciences. It established the Faculty of Law in 2014 to promote profound scholarship and enlighten research in law, to provide the highest quality professional legal education to face the new challenges and dimensions of the internationalization of the legal profession. An abode for continual activity and unrelenting vitality, SGT University oﬀers a wide array of academic and extracurricular opportunities, making every day a potential adventure for the students. The SGT University is Accredited with Grade A+ by NAAC. The vision of the Faculty of Law, SGT University is to be “recognized nationally and globally for excellence in clinical legal education, community-based outreach programs, socially relevant research and for honing up Lawyering, Arbitration, Mediation and Client Counselling Skills”.
ABOUT RANKA CHARITABLE TRUST
The Trust was set up by Late Dr. N. M. Ranka, Senior Advocate in the year 1980 Major activities undertaken by the Trust are as follows:
To promote the GANDHIAN PHILOSOPHY and to motivate the citizens, students, teachers, judicial officers, lawyers and litigants, the Trust has Installed 50 statues of Mahatma Gandhi all over India at various premises including at High Courts of Rajasthan, Orissa, Kerala, Karnataka & Gauhati, District Courts, Central Jails, Universites and Colleges.
The Trust has adopted the Government Upper Primary School, Ramnagariya, Jaipur wherein approximately around 200 students from the lowest strata of society are getting free education with boarding facilities. The Trust in order to promote tax education and awareness, gives RANKA BEST TAX CONFERENCE AWARD under the banner of All India Federation of Tax Practitioners, Mumbai to deserving Tax Bar Associations.
The Trust is publishing books. Such books are freely distributed all over India. Till now more than 25,000 copies have been distributed. The Trust has pioneered the Moot Court Competitions in Jaipur and more than 20 competitions have been organized in collaboration with University Five Year Law College, University Law College and many other recognised institutions.
The trust also provides scholarship to needy students and provides free medicines and food to poor patients from time to time. The Trust also grants donation to like minded Trusts carrying out works of philanthropy, education, old age homes, etc.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
SGT University, as a part of its endeavours of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country takes immense pleasure in announcing the 1st SGTU Ranka International Trial Advocacy Competition 2024 in collaboration with Ranka Charitable Trust. The event shall be held on 2nd – 4th February, 2024
1) Students enrolled in a 3-year Law programme in India or in an integrated 5-year Law programme in India are eligible for the competition.
2) The University must be approved by the Bar Council of India.
The Registration process of the teams will begin from 01 January, 2024. The Registration process shall end on 25th January, 2024 by 23:59 IST. The prescribed fee for the competition is INR 6,000/- only. FEE ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The participating teams shall fill the Registration Form through the Link attached herewith and the screenshot of the online payment along with the Transaction ID, htps://forms.gle/4t8HogHXoz433UbH8
The registration fee of INR 6,000/- covers both Food and Accommodation. It is important to note that the fee structure remains constant at INR 6,000/-, regardless of whether a team chooses to avail themselves of the Food and Accommodation facilities or not.
1) Release of Moot Proposition: 1st January, 2024
2) Last date for Registration: 25th January, 2024
3) Last date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): 25th January, 2024
4) Submission of Hard Copy of Memorials at the registration desk: 2nd February, 2024
5) Date of Competition: 2nd -4th Feb, 2024
1) WINNER: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 35,000/-
2) RUNNER UP: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 15,000/-
3) BEST SPEAKER: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
4) BEST MEMORIAL: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
5) BEST RESEARCHER: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
- All queries, clarifications/ information- requests must be directed to Email ID:firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact details :7982940907, 08708352488 & 8558992686
BROCHURE: Click Here