About HPNLU, Shimla
The Himachal Pradesh National Law University (HPNLU) is an autonomous law university in India located at Shimla, Himachal Pradesh. It was established by an act of the Himachal Pradesh Vidhan Sabha in the year 2016 (act 16 of 2016).
About the Chambers of Abhinav Mishra, Advocates and Solicitors
Chambers of Abhinav Mishra, Advocates & Solicitors was established in 2018 and has emerged as one of the eminent legal service providers for its diverse practice capabilities. The Chambers caters to litigations, Advisories, Corporate compliances to its clientage Pan India and is focused on providing strategic, innovative, and holistic legal solutions to its clients. The Chamber also focuses upon the promotion and development of legal education by organizing webinars and legal awareness camps under the banner of ‘Indian Legal Renaissance’ on different topics pertaining to law.
About the Competition
The 1st National Insolvency & Bankruptcy Moot Court Competition 2022 is an initiative of the Student Moot Court Committee of HPNLU and of Chambers of Abhinav Mishra, Advocates and Solicitors to bring together students from different regions to interact, compete and challenge their skills as future legal practitioners. As one of the emerging National Law Universities in India, HPNLU has hitherto undertaken measures to provide holistic and meaningful legal education to bright young students from across the country. Owing to the challenges posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the event is set to take place virtually. The competition is being powered by ‘AAA Insolvency Professional LLP’.
Participation is restricted to undergraduate law students pursuing a three/five year LL.B degree programme in any Bar Council of India recognized institution/law school/college/university in India.
A maximum of three members and a minimum of two members are allowed to participate.
Interested teams are required to register for the competition by filling out the registration form –
A prior payment of INR 3000\- (Indian Rupees Three Thousand Only) as the registration fees are required to be deposited via SBI Collect Online Bank to register for the competition.
Find more details pertaining to payment and registration in the rule book.
Awards and Prizes
The following perks shall be awarded in the Competition:
- Winners: INR 33,000/- + Internship Opportunity (Tier-1 Law Firm) + Certificate of Excellence.
- Runners Up: INR. 24,000/- + Internship Opportunity (Tier-1 Law Firm) + Certificate of Excellence.
- Best Memorial: INR. 11,000/- + Internship Opportunity (Tier-1 Law Firm) + Certificate of Excellence.
- Best Speaker in finals: INR. 11,000/- + Certificate of Merit.
- Best Speaker in semi-finals: INR. 9,000/- + Certificate of Merit.
- Best Speaker in quarter-finals: INR. 7,000/- + Certificate of Merit.
- Best Speaker in octa-finals: INR. 5,000/- + Certificate of Merit.
- Best Speaker in preliminary rounds: INR. 3,000/- + Certificate of Merit.
- Best Researcher: INR. 5,000/- + Certificate of Merit.
- All the individual winners will be provided with an internship opportunity for 4 weeks in AAAIP or Chambers of Abhinav Mishra, Advocates & Solicitors.
- All the winners will be provided with a complimentary six-month subscription of Insolvency Module access from ibclaws.in (IBC Laws).
- Certificates of merit shall be given to all the teams qualifying for quarter-finals and beyond.
- Certificate of participation shall be given to all the participating teams.
Release of Notification & Commencement of Registrations: January 20, 2022
Last date for Registration: February 20, 2022
Last Date for Seeking Clarifications: February 25, 2022
Release of Clarifications: February 28, 2022
Last Date of Memorial Submission: March 20, 2022
Researcher Test and Memo exchange: March 24, 2022
Inauguration and Orientation Program: March 25, 2022
Preliminary Rounds: March 25, 2022
Octa-Finals, Quarter-finals and Semi-finals round: March 26, 2022
Finals, Valedictory Ceremony & Prize Distribution: March 27, 2022
We’ll be happy to address any queries and provide assistance in the process. All Queries may be directed at mcc[at]hpnlu.ac.in or you can contact the undersigned for any clarifications.
Ms. Sheenam Thakur (Student Co-convenor): +91 8988248564
Mr. Devarshi Malviya (Student Member): +91 9131048288
Ms. Ankita (Student Member): +91 9560694126
Ms. Aditi (Student Member): +91 9805204704