The Manipal Education Group is an established leader in the field of education, research and healthcare. In a span of over six decades, it has transformed lives of more than 3, 00,000 students from over 59 countries. The group includes five Universities – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE, Karnataka), Sikkim Manipal University (Sikkim), American University of Antigua (Caribbean Islands), Manipal International University (Malaysia) and Manipal University Jaipur (Jaipur).
Human rights cell was established by student of Manipal University during the academic year of 2019-2020. The cell aims to create awareness about human rights and help those who are in need. One of the most important priorities of the cell is help an individual lead a decent and dignified life without infringing the rights of others.
Human Rights Cell MUJ is organising its 1st National Article Writing Competition wherein submission are invited from students, teachers, research scholars, legal professionals from all across the country on the theme
“COVID – 19”
ARTICLES ARE INVITED ON THE FOLLOWING TOPICS:
- COVID-19: Your Legal Rights in Quarantine? (Guidance note: focus on Human rights, Indian laws; comparative analysis with the laws of other jurisdictions)
- COVID-19: Impact on Commercial Contracts (guidance note: focus on clauses pertaining to “force majeure” and “doctrine of frustration”)
- In every century, world encounters recession or diseases. Mention its effects and solutions adopted by countries to overcome and solutions which should be adopted in present situation?
- Legal Implications of COVID-19 in violation of China’s Obligation
- Should nations continue with the globalisation model after covid-19 crisis?
- Role of media and communication during the period of pandemic.
- Combating coronavirus- need of a separate act to contain virus/ pandemic?
Law students (both undergraduate and postgraduate), management students, economics students and other undergraduate students from recognized school/college who are interested to write on this theme are eligible to participate. Teachers, research scholars, legal professional and other those who are interested.
- Co-authorship is permitted. (Maximum of two authors)
- Writing should be the original work of the participants. Only 15% of plagiarism would be allowed. Any submission having more than 15% plagiarism shall be disqualified.
- The article should be in ENGLISH only.
- The word limit for the article is 2000-2500 words. The word limit is inclusive of the footnotes.
- 20th Edition Bluebook format of footnoting should be adhered to, for the purpose of citations.
- The submission should be made only in “doc. or .docx.” format.
- Upon submission of the article, Human Rights Cell MUJ will have exclusive copyrights to the article and the author will not be able to submit the article to any other platform until the results of the competition are declared.
- The submission should include the name of the author, the course they are involved in and the institute they are affiliated to.
- Body – Font – Heading –Font – Time New Roman, Font size- 12,14, Line spacing- 1.5, Alignment-Justified
- Footnotes – Font – Time New Roman, Font size- 10, Line spacing- 1, Alignment-Justified
- The file has to be saved in the following manner ONLY – Full Name of author, EXAMPLE – Aditya Gupta.
- All submissions must be sent to email@example.com.
- The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: Article Writing Competition”.
Fees for competition registration
- ₹100 for author.
- ₹150 with co-author.
Please note that if the participant is not registered his/ her submission will not be considered
All the revenue generated through this competition will be donated in the PM (CARES) FUND for the fight against the pandemic.
To register click here
Paytm – 8005818103
Google Pay/PhonePe/Bhim UPI – 9828047017
Contact for other modes firstname.lastname@example.org
- Last date for ‘Registration’: 25th April 2020
- Last date for ‘Submission’: 28th April 2020
- Announcement of ‘Results’: 1st week of May April 2020
PRIZES AND CERTIFICATES:
1st Rank: Certificate of excellence + Publication of writing
2nd Rank: Certificate of excellence + Publication of writing
3rd Rank: Certificate of excellence + Publication of writing
Certificate of published will also be provided to top rankers and E- Certificates will be provided to all the participants.
Riddhi Bhatia: 9461798126
Soumya Swaroop: 9560112384
Rohit Jain: 9760974108
Nandini Srivastava (editorial head): 8840041219
Dr. Kuldeep Singh Panwar (faculty coordinator)
For further details/queries mail us on email@example.com