About Memo Pundits
Memo Pundits is India’s first Mooting School for law students, founded in 2014 by Anant Gupta and Rachnendra Tripathi. It is a unique platform that creates content and courses to bridge the learning gap between a classroom and a courtroom. What sets it apart is its teaching methodology, which is far from any traditional Indian online courses available. All online courses are based on Harvard University’s “Active Learning” model, which makes sure that learning is always interactive and fun!
About the Webinar
As we reach the doorstep of our law school, the first competition that we take part into is the Novice Moot Court Competition! Debates and MUN’s are always given a second priority, though most of us gain some experience in this field in the school itself.
Most of the good debaters who join law school feel that they must stay inclined towards the mooting side only. But, all the events and competitions are equally important for the growth of a Law Student. In pursuance of this, we present to you this webinar on skills of Debating and MUN’s which you all must know and what are the pros and cons of the same in your law school life. We would further cover how debating and MUN’s can also polish some lawyering skills in your law schools.
About the Speaker
“Even a mosquito doesn’t get a tap at its back until it gets to work” is the quote that drives Mr. Shivam Sharma. He is an ace lawyer associated with Tata Consultancy Services. He is a law graduate of 2020 from School of Law, University of Petroleum and Energy Studies, Dehradun.
Mr. Sharma comes from Prayagraj in Uttar Pradesh. He is the founder of an organisation called ‘Taleem’ which voluntarily trains people with communication and public speaking skills. Mr. Sharma also serves as a mentor for Legitlex, an Editor for Legitimate Scrutiny and as an advisor for Lawrhyzen.
Mr. Sharma is a renowned debater and has been honoured by the President of International Council of Jurists for an outstanding debating career which is still on a roll. He believes that a person without an opinion is a person without a backbone. He believes in the art of fearless expression and rates the activity as the best quality a human can inculcate in himself.
He has won several National and International Debates including Frank Anthony All India National Debate 2014 and Lex Bonanza International Parliamentary Debate 2018. He is also the author of ‘Criminal Justice System- Not an offender’s paradise’ a book that speaks for voiceless victims.
Details of the Webinar
- Date: 31st March 2021
- Time: 7 PM – 8 PM
(The link for the session shall be provided on Memo Pundits’ Webinar Group on WhatsApp. Link for our WhatsApp group has been provided in the registration form).
- Registration Deadline: March 31st, 2021 12:00 PM
- Date of the Webinar: March 31st, 2021
- Certificate: Certificates will be provided within one week of the Webinar.
- Interested students can click on the link and fill the form to register for the webinar.
- Registration fee: FREE
- Certificate: All the participants who attend the session will be provided with e-certificates.
In case of any queries related to the Webinar, please write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You can also reach us via WhatsApp at +91-9934483098 (Pratyaksha, Business Development Executive).
*Terms and Conditions
The eligibility criteria for the certificate are as follows:
- All participants must register themselves for the webinar by filling this google form and join our WhatsApp group for this session. Links for the session and certificates will also be provided on this group.
- It is mandatory for the participants to attend the entire session.
- On completion of the session, they must share their experience summarising the webinar in 3-4 points on LinkedIn. It is also mandatory for all attendees to tag Memo Pundits and the link to the webinar (which will be provided on the WhatsApp group), specifying that connections may access the video/webinar via the link.
- Participants are urged to keep the post unplagiarized and use original words garnered from personal experience of the event. failure to do so will result in disqualification.
- The post must be shared latest by April 3 or else the participant shall lose their eligibility for the certificate.
- All participants who comply with all the aforementioned criteria shall be provided with e-certificates within 7 days from the date of the Webinar.