The University of Lucknow was established in 1920 and is one of India’s oldest government-owned higher education institutions. It is affiliated with University Grants Commission (UGC); the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU), the Association of Indian Universities (AIU), and Distance Education Council (DEC).
The Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has been a pioneering legal institution in India. It was founded in 1921 by three instructors. Mr. Jag Mohan Nath Chak was the first Head and Dean, moreover Prof. R.U. Singh was the true architect, who structured teaching and research at the faculty in a methodical manner with considerable fervour and enthusiasm. He served as the Dean of the Faculty of Law until 1956 and established the Faculty of Law, Delhi University in addition to the Faculty of Law, Banaras Hindu University. He holds the distinction of having authored Nepal’s Constitution. With the efforts of these brilliant minds, the Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow has gained immense heights.
About Legal Aid Centre:
Legal Aid Centre established at Faculty of Law, University of Lucknow is inspired by the determination to promote ‘EQUAL ACCESS TO JUSTICE’, and seeks to promote legal literacy, provide free legal service, create socially responsible citizens, and facilitate access to justice to the marginalized and deprived classes of the society. The workings of the Legal Aid Centre are in collaboration with District Legal Services Authority (DLSA), Lucknow as well as other Social Institutions and NGOs based in Lucknow.
Human rights are a collection of standards that regulate how states and non-state entities treat individuals and groups based on ethical ideas about what society considers vital to a decent existence. These standards are incorporated into national and international legal systems, which establish processes and procedures for holding duty bearers responsible and providing reparation to claimed victims of human rights breaches.
The aim of this seminar is to call for papers and bring broadly and globally acclaimed academicians students, human rights activists, and other intellectuals on one stage to talk about the different issues concerning human rights, and to examine the actions to control such problems.
Quality and Original research papers are invited from undergraduate/postgraduate students, Ph.D. Scholars and Academicians / Professionals, and any eminent person in the field of Human Rights and Duties.
- Human Rights in Digital Age
- Making Digital Technology work for Human Rights
- Human Rights Treaites and Foregin Surveillance
- Safeguarding Democracy and Human Rights in Digital Age
- Child Trafficking and Sexual Abuse: A Challenge to Human Rights in Modern Times
Registration and Submission Procedure:
- The registration fees is as follows
- Single Authored Paper- Rs. 300
- Co-Authored Paper- Rs. 500
- Students can submit their papers by filling the Google Form by clicking on the given link:
- Abstract: Font- Times New Roman, Font Size- 12, Line Spacing- 1.5, and Alignment- Justified.
- Main Body: Font- Times New Roman, Font Size- 12, Line Spacing- 1.5, Alignment- Justified, and Margins- 2.54 cm (on all sides).
- Footnotes: Font- Times New Roman, Font Size- 10, Line Spacing- Single, and Alignment- Justified.
- The citation must conform to the Bluebook 20th Edition.
- The Paper must be in English language and the submission shall be in MS Word format (Docs) only.
- Co-authorship is allowed however is subject to a maximum of two authors. Submission of the co-authored article is to be done once only by either of the authors.
- An abstract should contain 300 –350 words accompanied by a name of the author/(s), along with four to six keywords.
- The word limit of the paper should be 5000-10000 words, excluding footnotes.
- All the participants will be awarded with an appreciation and a participation certificate.
|Last date for Registration||8th December 2022 (11:59 PM)|
|Last date for Submission||8th December 2022 (11:59 PM)|
For queries, contact:
Manish Tiwari (Convenor)- 7784020662 (WhatsApp)
Saurabh Rathore (Member)- 8127722768
Ashutosh Verma (Member)- 6394628303