The Indian National Bar Association (INBA) is incorporated as a Non-Profit, Non-Political, Non-Governmental Association endeavoring to act as premier body representing the interest of Indian Legal Community & to strive to provide several economic & social benefits that should accrue to them. The Organization aims to reform the Indian Legal Systems leading to effective & quick justice for everyone along with reformation of the Indian Governmental bureaucratic rules & regulations (red-tape) and the Legal Systems, leading to the nation’s economic and business growth. INBA has global reach and membership.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Indian National Bar Association (INBA) invites applications for participation in its 1st edition of Research Paper Writing Competition. Keeping with its annual tradition of National Law Day celebrations on every 26th November, INBA calls for paper contributions by students of law and professionals alike in pursuance of the marking the 71st National Law Day of the year 2020. An award ceremony and conference is hosted by the organization every year on this day to officially commemorate the ‘Samvidhan Diwas’. The Conference shall include paper presentations of the winning authors from the paper writing (& presentation) competition.
CALL FOR PAPERS
In pursuance of this year’s Constitution Day, research papers are invited on the following themes:
- Whether it is necessary to have a new post of separate specialized investigator in Police;
- Perception of police in the mind of ordinary people, and whether reform in the force is essential along with Reformation in Police governing laws.
The themes provided are directory in nature; therefore authors are free to select any related topic based on the above-mentioned themes.
- Two Best Papers shall be selected, winners of which will be awarded on the evening of 9th Annual International Conference scheduled on Law Day, 2020;
- The winners shall also get an opportunity to present their papers before legal luminaries present during the conference (Time limit shall be from 7 to 20 minutes);
- Additionally, Select Research Papers will be published in the INBA LAW DAY proceedings;
- Certificate of Merit, Certificate of Publication and Certificate of Participation to be provided depending on the results (e-certificates shall be provided.)
GUIDELINES FOR AUTHORSHIP
- Open for all Bonafide Law Students;
- Submission can be made individually or in a team of two (Co- authorship permitted);
- Submission fee:
Single author– INR 590/- (Rs. 500 + GST)
Co-authorship– INR 1180/- (Rs. 1000 + GST)
- Payment via Paytm App on this number: +91-9999746286
NOTE – The payment shall be made after acceptance of research paper for presentation.
TECHNICAL GUIDELINES FOR PAPER WRITING
- Submissions must include:
- Abstract (word limit of which shall not exceed 500 words & five Keywords);
- Cover Page containing the Full name of the Author(s), Topic of the Paper, Institution/Organization/University, Professional/Educational Details, Email address(es), Contact number(s);
- The paper should be in .doc/.docx formats in
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font Size: 12
- line spacing: 1.5
- Footnotes Font Type: Times New Roman
- Footnotes Font Size: 10
- The main body of the paper shall not carry any mention of the details mentioned in Cover Page. This is mandatory to ensure anonymity in the decision making process and failure to comply with the same shall lead to immediate disqualification;
- Mode of Citation: Bluebook 20th Edition;
- Footnotes shall not be substituted for endnotes;
- Rules for quotations, if any:
- Only authentic sources must be quoted;
- Personal experience or interview with other people, police or legal professionals allowed;
- All submissions should be within the range of 3000-5000 words (exclusive of footnotes);
- Paper shall be strictly checked for plagiarism. Maximum limit for plagiarism shall be 10%. Authors exceeding the permitted limit shall be disqualified.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
- Submissions to be sent on inba. email@example.com;
- ONLY one soft copy from each team/participant. Multiple submissions by the same author/ co- authors are not allowed;
- The Subject line of the email shall read: ‘Submission for INBA Research Paper Competition, 2020’
- The Last Date for the Submission of Research paper is 20th November, 2020;
- Selected students shall be contacted for the second round of the competition consisting of oral submissions in form of presentation;
- Final Result shall be declared on 26th November, 2020.
- All submissions should be the original work of the author(s);
- The paper submitted for consideration into the competition must not have been submitted for published elsewhere in any form;
- Copyright to all the papers sent as entries for this competition shall rest with INBA, however, authors shall be given due credit in the by‑line;
CRITERIA OF REVIEWING SUBMISSIONS
- Submissions will be reviewed by a distinguished panel of Impartial Judges and Academicians;
- The Research papers shall be judged anonymously;
- The following criterion shall be taken into consideration: Originality of Content, Quality of Research, Argumentation, Quality of language used and Use of Authorities and Citations;
- The reviewing shall be a two- fold process wherein the selected students shall be contacted for a second round of oral presentations, post which winners will be selected by the jury on the basis of assessment of written as well oral submission.
- INBA reserves all rights to modify any of the above mentioned terms and conditions as they deem appropriate;
- INBA assumes no responsibility for lost, delayed or incomplete entries or technical malfunction;
- INBA reserves the absolute right to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the competition in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made;
- If there arises any situation that is not contemplated in the guidelines, or any disputes arising in connection with competitions, eligibility, submissions of entry, the decision on the same by INBA shall be final and binding.
For any other details or queries, please send an email on firstname.lastname@example.org
Tanishka Grover +91-9999799464
Avni Agarwal +91- 9910744488