ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY
SGT University, nationally renowned for leadership in Medical and Health Sciences has established the Faculty of Law to promote profound scholarship and enlightened research in law, to provide highest quality professional legal education to face the new challenges and dimensions of the internationalization of legal profession. The vision of the Faculty of Law is to be “recognized nationally and globally for excellences in clinical legal education, community based out-reach program, socially relevant research and for honing up Lawyering, Arbitration, Mediation and Client Counseling Skills.” An abode for continual activity and unrelenting vitality, the Faculty of Law offers a wide array of academic and extracurricular opportunities making every day a potential adventure for the students.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION COMMISSION OF INDIA
The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is the leading regulatory authority in India responsible for ensuring fair competition in the market. Established under the Competition Act, 2002, CCI actively monitors and regulates anti-competitive practices, promotes consumer welfare, and advocates for a competitive business environment. Vision of CCI is to promote and sustain an enabling competition culture through engagement and enforcement that would inspire businesses to be fair, competitive and innovative; enhance consumer welfare; and support economic growth.
Collaborating with CCI for your moot court not only offers students a unique opportunity to engage with contemporary competition law issues but also provides access to valuable insights and networking opportunities with legal experts in the field, making it an ideal partnership for fostering legal education and awareness.
ABOUT MOOT COURT SOCIETY
The Moot Court Society, Faculty of Law, SGT University stands as a lively foundation that is fully committed towards enriching the law school experience for students. The students, driven by their passion for advocacy and legal discourse, organise engaging events. In the spirit of collaboration, the faculty lends their expertise to guide students on their path to mastery of legal advocacy. This synergy between the students and faculty is what truly makes the Moot Court Society a force to be reckoned with. Through organising moot court competitions, workshops, and seminars, they foster a vibrant environment for sharing ideas. Together, they transform law school into a hub for intellectual and personal growth.
ABOUT THE EVENT
SGT University, as a part of its endeavours of providing and facilitating its support to the student community of the Country takes immense pleasure in announcing the 7th SGTU National Moot Court Competition 2023 in collaboration with Competition Commission of India. The event shall be held on 27th – 29th October, 2023.
1) Students enrolled in a 3-year Law programme in India or in an integrated 5-year Law programme in India are eligible for the competition.
2) The University must be approved by the Bar Council of India.
The Registration process of the teams will begin from 01st September, 2023. The Registration process shall end on 9th October, 2023[extended] by 23:59 IST. The prescribed fee for the competition is INR 5,000/- only. FEE ONCE PAID WILL NOT BE REFUNDED UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.
The participating teams shall fill the Registration Form through the Link attached herewith and the screenshot of the online payment along with the Transaction ID, https://forms.gle/BRCeMc8YfQw1jjw79
The registration fee of INR 5,000/- covers both Food and Accommodation. It is important to note that the fee structure remains constant at INR 5,000/-, regardless of whether a team chooses to avail themselves of the Food and Accommodation facilities or not.
1) Release of Moot Proposition: 1st September 2023
2) Last date for Registration: 9th October 2023 [Extended]
3) Last date for seeking Clarifications: 11th October 2023
4) Release of Clarifications: 12th October 2023
5) Last date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): 15th October 2023
6) Submission of Hard Copy of Memorials at the registration desk: 27th October 2023
7) Date of Competition: 27th 29th October 2023
1) WINNER: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 45,000/-
2) RUNNER UP: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 24,000/-
3) BEST MOOTER: (MALE) Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
4) BEST MOOTER (FEMALE): Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
5) BEST MEMORIAL: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
6) BEST RESEARCHER: Trophy, Certificate of Appreciation and Cash Prize of INR 7,000/-
7) SEMI FINALIST: Trophy and Certificate of Appreciation
8) One-year complimentary subscription to EBC Learning for Winners
9) One-month free access to the SCC Online Web Edition to each participant.
- All queries, clarifications/ information- requests must be directed to Email ID:email@example.com.
- Contact details of the MCS:
Ø SONIKA YADAV (CONVENOR): 9717183897
Ø PARAG JAIN (EXECUTIVE HEAD): 7746030489
Ø YASH BHARDWAJ (CO-CONVENOR): 9582035681
Ø ASHISH DAGAR (CO-CONVENOR): 9999107835
Ø SAGAR YADAV (CO-CONVENOR): 9999642117
Ø CHAILSI SINGH (CORE MEMBER): 9625425883
Ø SAMRIDHI SOOD (CORE MEMBER): 7982660132
BROCHURE: Click Here