The Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab in association with Shardul Amarchand & Mangaldas and Dr. P.C. Markanda Chair on ADR is all set to organise the 3rd edition of the RGNUL National Negotiation Competition
Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, thereby fulfilling the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization.
ABOUT THE CENTRE
The Center for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR) was established in 2019, to promote students’ and researchers’ interest in Alternative Dispute Resolution methods like Arbitration, Negotiation, Mediation, and Conciliation. The Centre strives to organize stimulating discourse relevant to, not only the Academia but also the professional world and thus adds to the literature of ADR. In pursuance of its objectives, CADR has initiated various novel Competitions, Workshops, Lecture Series etc. in collaboration with valued partners in the professional and academic world.
ABOUT SAM CO.
Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co (SAM), is one of India’s leading law firms rated by International Organisations, Law Directories and Professional Journals. As a full service law firm, Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas and Co. is renowned in the business community for its ability to enable business, its innovative solutions, responsiveness and collaboration with its clients. The firm has over 700 lawyers, including over 150 Partners, offering legal services through their offices in New Delhi, Mumbai, Gurugram, Ahmedabad, Kolkata, Bengaluru and Chennai. They offer solutions in the field of mergers & acquisitions, tax, competition law, dispute resolution & arbitration, regulatory litigation, capital markets and private equity practices. Further, SAM & Co. is an exclusive member firm of Lex Mundi in India.
ABOUT DR. P.C. MARKANDA CHAIR
Late Advocate Dr. P.C. Markanda was one of the leading arbitration lawyers in India. He was popularly known as the Father of Indian Arbitration. To carry forward his legacy and vision, RGNUL has set up Dr. P.C. Markanda Chair on ADR. The objective of the Chair is to set up RGNUL as a hub of Arbitration and to render training and technical assistance by way of setting up training institutes for Arbitration and Mediation, to conduct meaningful research in the areas of ADR and provide consultancy by way of introducing legal start-ups and collaborations in the country and further it aims to impart basic education by way of initiating new degree, diploma and certificate courses by uplifting the core principles and ethics behind ADR.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- The 3rd NegComp will be held in an in-person mode, at the lushful campus of RGNUL in Patiala, Punjab. There shall be multiple preliminary rounds followed by quarter final rounds, semi-final rounds, and final round.
- The two member Negotiating Team will comprise of a client and a counsel who will mandatorily have to play both roles at least once during preliminary rounds. Universities interested in sending more than one team are requested to express their intention by reaching out to the organizing committee.
- The allocation of the second slot is contingent on the availability of the total number of slots available with the Centre. It should be noted that the allocation of slots to any university will be a decision made solely by CADR-RGNUL, and shall be final and binding.
Any student enrolled in Undergraduate or Postgraduate Law degree programme in any University recognised by the Bar Council of India as on 1st September 2023, is eligible to participate. Each University must be represented by two students, i.e. one Client and one Counsel. The composition of the team will not be permitted to change once the same has been communicated to the Organising Committee.
- Universities/Colleges interested in sending their teams must provisionally intimate the Convenors or the Centre by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org by 10th October 2023.
- Upon selection by the Organising Committee, an email confirming the slot of the university along with the final registration form and payment link will be sent to the concerned email ID (either of the registered ADR Centre or of the point of contact).
- The teams must complete the payment of the registration fee within a period of 72 hours of the receipt of confirmation of provisional slot mail.
- The Registration fee for the competition is INR 6500/- per team (exclusive of 18% GST) which is inclusive of the cost of food, accommodation, registration and other logistics.
- Please note that this fee is non-refundable. Final registration of the team is subject to the successful payment of the registration fee within the stipulated time.
|10th October, 2023
|Last Date for Provisional Registration
|20th October, 2023
|Release of Competition Problems
|22nd October, 2023
|Last Date for Final Registration & Payment
|25th October, 2023
|Release of Selected Universities
|26th October, 2023
|Last Date to Seek Clarifications
|29th October, 2023
|Release of Clarifications
|31st October, 2023
|Last Date to Submit Negotiation Plans
|3rd November, 2023
|4th November, 2023
|5th November, 2023
|Quarter Finals, Semi-Finals & Final Rounds and Valedictory Ceremony
For further details, PFA the brochure for the Competition.
BROCHURE: Click Here